Now What?

"Luke?" I whisper in disbelief as I kneel down next to him. I start to feel myself being pushed closer to him as the girls start to crowd closer and closer to us 'Ok Rachel don't panic. Breath in and out. In and out. Now what did they tell us to do in that CPR class I took?' I try to remember as it was slowly becoming harder and harder to breath.

"YOU GUYS NEED TO GIVE US SOME SPACE!" I start to yell as I feel myself becoming irritated and trying to keep myself together but it seems like they decided to do the complete opposite of what I was trying to get them to do and makes it harder for you to try and help him. 'I need space!' I look up and try to think of something that will help and then I remember that we were not here alone

"Jai! Can you get them to back up please?" You try to yell over the concerned girls and he nods and signals the boys to push the crowd back. They all turn their backs towards you and face the girls while shooing them back and keeping their arms out to make a barrier.

"Girls back up please! Luke needs air and we know you want to help and you can do that by giving him space so please back up. The crowd slowly starts to listen and backs up which allows me more access to see what is wrong with Luke.

'Ok so scene is clear, check. Next is to check if he's responding' I say as I move to his side and gently start to shake him while calling his name. "Luke?" I wait a few minutes to see if he responds and when I get nothing I shake him a little harder and call his name louder but nothing again.

'Ok this is not good' I started to think as I looked over him and I noticed something that alarmed me "He's not breathing" I say under my breath as I lean my head on his chest and try to ignore the questions and the noise around me.

"WHAT?" I hear someone yell and I open my eyes and realize that Jai heard me but because he yelled he alarmed the crowd that was starting to calm down and they started to push again while the boys tried their best to hold them back.

"Daniel call Ronnie, James call 911, and Jai call Beau and if he doesn't answer then call Mia and blow up their phones until one of them answers." I ordered as I started to do chest compressions. '30-2 Rachel. 30 chest compressions, 2 breathes, repeat' I reminded myself as I lowered my lips to his and gave 2 breaths.

"Oh my god Luke please don't die!" someone yelled from the crowd 'Listen to her Luke. You can't leave your fans, your family, me dammit' I started to think as I felt a tear run down my nose. I stop the chest compression when I feel him start coughing and I look down at him

"Luke? Hey, don't try and move ok." I softly tell him as I put my hands on his cheek and have him look directly in my eyes. He nods and starts to look around at all the people. The boys kneel next to us as the mall security is holding back the crowd and I heard loud footsteps and sirens and soon there are paramedics around us asking what happened as they load him on the gurney and strap him in.

"Ok only one person can ride with him in the ambulance and the others can meet us at the hospital." They say to us once they security guards made the crowd go away.

I looked up at Jai and as I was about to suggest that he goes with Luke he cuts me off "Rachel is going with him." I look up at him shocked and he puts his hands on my shoulder and tells me "I will have to keep Beau calm and you took some medical classes so you can tell them what happened better than I can." I silently nodded and followed them to the truck.

The ride to the hospital was loud and full of my being asked a ton of questions but one thing the paramedic said to me that really stood out "What you did for this boy saved his life." I didn't even think about it like that, all I was thinking about was not having the boy I...I...was not having Luke die in my arms.

He continued to run Luke's vital signs and my attention when back to the boy on the bed when I felt him reach out to hold my hand. He looked a little scared but I took his hand and gave him a small squeeze. We arrived at the hospital not too long after and I was told to wait in the waiting room while they checked Luke out. That's when they boys and Mia ran in and as soon as they saw me started yelling questions.

"They said he is going to be fine but he will most likely have to stay here overnight for observations." They all let out a huge sigh and Ronnie patted me on the back before they took a seat. Beau however remained standing and looked worried before he braced himself against the wall and slid down with his hands covering his face.

"Beau? What's wrong? They said Luke is going to be fine" I said as I sat next to him

"I know but..." he stopped and wiped the tears that started to fall "He's my baby brother and I am responsible for him while we are away from our mom. He almost DIED today and I wasn't there to help him." he said as he started crying harder and I pulled him so his head was resting on my shoulder

"Beau sshhh" I said trying to calm him down and I rubbed his arm "Even if you were there with us there was nothing anyone could do to stop him from fainting. It was a mixture of tiredness from not sleeping and being overwhelmed by the huge crowd that came out of nowhere and I know what you're thinking and no you could not have forced him to sleep so it wouldn't have happened." I said trying to lighten his mood.

Beau was the one to make people feel better when they were crying and I hated seeing him crying. We stayed like that for a few more minutes before a doctor came out and told us that we can go in and see him now. We all walked in to his room that was still being lightened by the fading sun and it was tense while we all just stood there in silence besides the beeping of the heart monitor.

"How are you feeling?" Mia asked as she came closer to his bedside. He smiled back at her and looked around the room before replying

"I feel like crap right now but I guess it could be worse" he joked. "And I do have a room to myself"

We all stayed and hung out until a nurse came in "Excuse me but visiting hours are over until tomorrow morning." she said while not entering the room. We all whined and to be honest I could tell no one wanted to leave. If we were allowed we could camp out in his room all night but I guess they don't allow that.

"If you would like one person can stay with him and sleep on the couch and I can bring back an extra pillow and blanket. She added before we nodded and she went to get them. I was still at Luke's side holding his hand while everyone was saying their goodbyes very slowly

Ronnie came up after Jacob "I already called your mom and she is catching a flight tomorrow here" he told Luke and Luke rolled his eyes. I was excited to see Gina again because it has been forever but I wish it was under better circumstances. "We will see you two in the morning" he waved to both Luke and I and I looked at him confused.

"I thought either Beau or Jai was going to stay with him." I replied clearly shocked.

"They need to clear their head but they won't leave his side when he comes home" James said as he says his goodbyes. I guess it was already decided for me which is fine but now I need to text Joe and tell him I won't be home tonight. "We will see you guys in the morning" I say as they close the door behind them and I sit back in the chair next to Luke. He was already asleep so I decided to watch TV and send out a quick tweet to the fans telling them that he is ok before I text Joe.

R: Hey babe, won't make it home tonight

J: Is everything ok?

R: Yeah just looking after Luke in the hospital, he passed out earlier

J: We'll I hope everything is okay with him. See you when you get home

I turned back to Luke and he was already half off the bed sleeping. I smiled as I walked over to him and brushed his hair out of his face looking at him sleep peacefully and kissed his forehead. When I pulled back he had a smile on his face and I started to wonder if he was actually away...until I heard him snore. I made up my sleeping area and tucked myself in before making sure he is ok one last time and falling asleep.

-Sorry for the scare but I'm studying to be a nurse so it just came to mind one day. Hope you like this chapter-