Chapter Thirty-One

Gowther got a call from Merlin at two in the morning to come over to Levi's house. The pink haired boy frowned as he ran down the street. No one was walking around since it was so late but he felt something following him.

Unfortunately for them, Gowther was one of the fastest runners in his school. When he reached his destination he was sure he had outrun the person.

He knocked on the door and someone yelled come in. He found Levi in the kitchen. The older man was watching Petra in the living room who had her arms around Merlin who looked like she was crying.

"What happened?" asked Gowther shocked.

"Arthur's gone." said Levi. "We looked away for a second and he vanished. Ed, Winry, and Elaine are also missing."

Gowther's eyes widened behind his glasses.

"Listen Gowther." Levi turned to him. "I have to go check on Mikasa. She's staying at Eren's house right now."

"I'm coming." Merlin shot from the other room.

She stood up and came over with Petra limping behind her.

"I want to come." Merlin glared at Levi.

The two of them had a staring contest for a minute before Levi sighed.

"Fine, lets go. Petra lock all the door and windows." he said.

The small woman nodded and gave a small smile. Levi wove his hand into her hair and kissed the top of her head.

"Stay safe." he whispered.

"Okay." she answered.

She followed them to the door and locked it.

"Sorry for calling you so late." she said turning back to Gowther. "It's nice to see you again."

"Sure." he shrugged. "I don't mind."

"Can I get you something to drink?" she asked.

"I am fine thank you." Gowther answered. "How are you? Why don't you sit down. Your leg must be bothering you."

"Thanks." Petra chuckled.

The two of them went into the living room and sat down.

"How's your school?" asked Petra.

"Boring." he sighed. "I miss the Sins."

"Why don't you come back?" she frowned.

"Well my father would prefer I got a really good education. He wants me to graduate a year early." the boy said.

"I understand that." Petra leaned back and stared at the ceiling. "What about your mother?"

Gowther was silent for a second.

Petra looked at him and covered her mouth.

"I'm sorry." she gasped. "That's personal. You do not have to answer that."

"My mother died years back." Gowther said. "I was very young and don't really remember her."

"Oh." Petra's eyes looked like saucers. "I'm sorry."

"It's funning." Gowther squinted. "You kind of look like her."

"What?" asked Petra shocked.

"You look like my mother." he said. "Her hair was blond instead of red, but she had the same kind face that you do. And the same smile."

Petra reached out and held the boys hand. He looked up at her surprised but then he smiled slightly.

"Thank you." he said.