Chapter Ten

"Question." said Ed as he walked home, his pretty history teacher by his side. "What do you see in my uncle?"

Petra blushed slightly.

"It's not like that, we're friends." she said. "Like you and Winry."

That made Edward turn red.

Petra stumbled and stoped. Reaching down she pulled off her small heels and continued barefoot. This made Ed realize that they were the same hight.

"Why couldn't I at least be taller then my tiny teacher!" he screamed internally.

"So where do you guys live?" she asked.

"Levi said you live in Titan Apartments right? Well we live in a big house in the neighborhood two blocks from there." explained Ed, trying to walk so he wasn't right next to her, and their shared height wasn't as obvious. "It was the house Levi's dad used as a summer home."

"Summer home?" repeated Petra.

"Yeah, Levi's parents were pretty rich. My grandmother came from practically nothing. Most people hated her for marrying him." sighed Ed. "Mikasa and I were born into a very complicated life. It became worse when they died."

"So who's the person they're meeting today?"

"Oh, that's Levi's mother's brother Kenny. Kuchel died when Levi was twelve. Kenny wanted to take Levi away from his Dad, but that wasn't going to happen. Anyway, Kenny hates my side of the family. He refused to except Mikasa's mother and when Mika was born... Well it was pretty bad." Ed sighed.

"But she's meeting him now." Petra pointed out.

"Yeah. It was a complete shock. Kenny called out of the blue and said he wanted to see Levi and Mikasa."

"Not you?"

"Are you kidding?" laughed Ed. "I think he'd rather drop dead then be in the same room as me or my mother and brother. Bastard."

Petra's head was muddled by the story she didn't notice that they had arrived."

"Wow!" she gasped. "This is a summer house?"

"No, that's just what Levi's dad called it."

Ed chuckled and bounded up to the door

It was a nice house, there was no denying it. The inside was light and airy and reminded Petra of her parents house.

Ed gave her a quick tour and showed her where she would be staying. The ground floor had a kitchen, formal dinning room, living area, two offices which were mostly used by Levi and Mikasa, there was also a library tucked away in a corner, and finally the bathroom. The second floor had four bedrooms, Levi had the largest, Petra would be staying in the one right next to his, with Mikasa across the hall from her and Ed across from Levi. There was a second bathroom next to Ed's room, apart from the master suite which connected Levi and Petra's room.