20.0

S

I grabbed my towel and dried myself off.
Ethan's sentencing was tomorrow.  It's been a few weeks since the field trip, and even though I wouldn't be there to see what the judge would sentence Ethan, I knew I would be told by a guard.

The guards here were ironically nice, they were understanding and helpful.

It seemed strange how I fit in with the Kennedy gang, considering I only did one job for them.

Word must've got out to them that I was coming and they accepted me as soon as I was sent there.

I put my jumpsuit on and walked out of the bathroom. I put my shower bin, filled with shampoo, conditioner and a bar of soap on my floor beside my bunk and walked over to the main office to wait in line to make my call of the day.

When I got there, the line wasn't too long. It was 8am and most people were eating breakfast or showering.

I waited behind three people in front of me and in a matter of minutes I was up next for my phone call.

I watched the girl Infront of me cry over the phone talking to what I believed was her son.

She spoke to him about how his day was and asked him how school was, she was an ex-junkie.

She hung up the phone and walked away with tears welled up in her eyes.

I grabbed the phone and dialled his number. He answered within a few seconds and I smiled through the phone.

"How are you! How's school?" I asked happily hearing the similar voice to Ethan's.

"It was good, how's jail?" He asked with a laugh in his words and I rolled my eyes.

I called Grayson everyday just to hear his voice, it was so similar to Ethan's. Sometimes I would even pretend to be on the phone with Ethan.

It was pathetic, but I needed closure, I needed to talk to someone.

"Good, are you going to his sentence tomorrow?" I asked and he hesitated.

"Yes, call me around 6. I'll tell you everything in full detail..." he spoke lightly and I nodded my head.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked back to see officer Mendalez.

"Uhm, Grayson... I have to go, I'll call you tomorrow" I said as I quickly hung up the phone and smiled at her.

"Can we talk?" She said calmly and I nodded my head as I walked over to her office with her.

She was my councillor here, she helped me with Ethan a lot.

I closed the door behind me and sat down In the chair infront of her.

"So I have two things to tell you today..." she said hesitantly and I nodded.

"So one, we tested the surprise urine sample we asked you for... and uhm, it came back clean" she spoke lightly and I smiled.

"That's good! See I told you I don't do drugs" I said as I laughed and her smile that was once there was wiped away.

"Yes, that is good, but we found it positive for pregnancy" she spoke softly and my heart dropped.

"You're joking" I said feeling sick to my stomach.

"Unfortunately not, but a good thing about that is, we have overcrowding in here so we're letting off a lot of people who don't have as harsh as crimes, such as harbouring a fugitive... were letting you off for overcrowding and good behaviour" she spoke with the same smile slowly coming back.

"Wait, seriously? When do I get out?" I asked excitedly almost forgetting that I was carrying Ethan Dolan's baby and I was too far along to get an abortion.

"Tomorrow morning they're discharging you, so you might want to arrange a ride to come get you or you'll have to wait a week for the bus to come pick you up and bring you into town"

If Grayson would pick me up, I'd be able to see Ethan's sentencing...

Now if only I could come to reality and face the fact that my cervix was carrying a baby that I shared with the love of my life.