Chapter 12: Trying To Get Help

"So we traveled back in time to when you were at the Fall Formal, when you turned into a she-demon, then Rarity and the rest defeated you with Princess Twilight?" Spike said. "And all of you became friends after, right?"

"Yes." Sunset Shimmer said. "I am postive that is the time we are in. But only Star Swirled the Bearded can only do something like this, but his spell only went back a week. How could Starlight do more than the greatest wizard in Equestria?"

"Star Swirled the Bearded? Greatest wizard in Equestria?" Spike asked. "Who's that?"

Sunset smiled. "Right, I forgot you're not from Equestria." She said to him. "But yeah, he is. He was very advanced with his knowledge of magic and with his spells he created. He's a part of Equestrian history, playing an important role."

"With this? Starlight must of used this spell?" Spike picked up a rolled up paper that had fallen down on the ground.

"Star Swirl's spell?" Sunset looked at it. "Oh no!" She had a worried look in her eyes.

"Come on, let's go." Spike started walking.

"But where?"

"To watch what's going on. I don't want to miss seeing the rainbow beam in the sky."

"Spike!" Sunset picked him up before he can take anymore steps. "We have to be careful, because this is time travel we're dealing with. We have to be cautious on who we run into and--"

"Yeah, yeah...I get it."

Sunset was outside school campus. She walked more towards the corner of the side of the wall of Canterlot High to see what was going on. She gasped. "There are my friends."

She saw Princess Twilight Sparkle wearing the crown and she was with the Main Five. They were all wearing their formal dresses.

Suddenly, Starlight Glimmer appeared. She was flying above the ground with her magical aura around her.

She saw that the Main Six were about to hold hands together to form a shield to protect Twilight in the middle, since she-demon Shimmer was about to attack them.

"Aww." Starlight said, watching them. An evil smile flashed out on the outside of her lips. "Sorry about this," she raised her hand forward to the direction to where Rainbow Dash was standing at.

She hit her with a magic beam that made her unable to move, so she wasn't able to hold hands with her friends. Because of that, the Main Six weren't able to form a friendship shield together. "H-hey!" Shouted Rainbow. "What gives?" She was confused as to why she couldn't make a single movement.

"What did you do!?" Sunset ran to where Starlight was flying above ground at, and she looked up at her.

"You are about to find out." Starlight said to Sunset, then the time travel hole appeared and it took her and Spike.

~~~~~
To another time to where Sunset and Spike got sent at, they both fell down. "Ahhhh!"

Sunset fell down on a  crystal chair. She was at the crystal table at Everfree. She quickly got up from her seat to take a look at what changed on the map. "I don't know what Starlight's up to, yet. But we better figure it out, before it's too late."

Spike got up from the ground and looked around his surroundings. "Uh, Sunset. I think it already is?" He pointed.

Sunset gasped, seeing that their surroundings had changed. The crystal cave at Everfree was completely gone, the map and chairs with it were the only parts of it that had remained.

"Uh, Sunset. Where's the crystal cave?"

"I don't know. But the map pulled us back." Sunset said. She looked down at the map. "But whatever Starlight did in the past, it changed things here."

"But, why? How did we get here? And, where's here?"

"More like, when?" Sunset pulled out the time travel spell out of the mini backpack that Spike was wearing.

"What do you mean?"

"Starlight altered Star Swirl's spell." Sunset looked at the spell. "And somehow used it on the map to travel into the past and change something. Whatever she did, the map pulled us back into the present."

"So back where--I mean..where it started?"

"Not exactly." Sunset walked back to the virtual map. "Everything's different. Look." Spike got on top of a chair and looked at the map.

"The map doesn't even make any sense anymore. Canterlot takes up half of Earth?"

"Plus, there's a whole missing cave thing." Spike agreed.

"Right."

"This is too big to handle on our own."

"You think?"

"We need to find our friends and get help."