Chapter 23: Friends Can Change The World You See

Sunset Shimmer grinned happily, as she looked over to Spike. Spike the puppy went outside of the crystal cave. He went near Starlight Glimmer, pointing his paw at her. It was his expression, of him telling her to stop waiting, and to come back into the cave.

Starlight looked like she was having anxiety. She couldn't help but be nervous, since she feared the judgment that she knew that she had to face on her own with the other girls.

She nervously gulped. She calmed down her nerves, by taking a deep breath. She exhaled and then walked inside the cave. She walked up to the table and said outloud. "I know that there is no excuse for what I did. But, I want to let all of you know that I am ready for whatever punishment, that you think is fair to give me."

Sunset spoke up. "I have been thinking a lot and hard about this decision. And about, how badly the world would be, without just one group of mines. Most specifically, mines. Because, even if our friendship dies. The whole results of it, would become into a terrible fate and be a terrible disaster."

Starlight replied back to Sunset's words. "Yes, I absolutely agree with you on that. Because, I know by first-hand from my own experience, on how true that can be." She put her head down in shame, she looked down on the ground.

Sunset got up from her seat and stood next to Starlight. "And that is why I asked you to join us here." She gently placed her hand below Starlight's chin to bring her head back up, so that she would be making direct eye contact with her. "If you really are willing to learn. Then, that means that I am willing to teach you what I do know about friendship. Which, in turn, will make you have the power to make the world become a better place."

As she said that, Starlight looked at the crystal table, seeing that the Main Six all looked happy to see her.

Sunset smiled.

Starlight cupped her right cheek with one of her hands, and whispered softly to Sunset. "How do I start?"

"Starting is easy." Sunset said. "First off, you have to make at least one friend." She put her hand around her neck, in a loving manner to show that she cares about her.  "And, you just made eight of them here." The Main Six and Spike, then stood around Starlight and Sunset.

They were basically welcoming Starlight into their friend group. Starlight was touched with happiness and complete awe by their kindful actions to accept her as a new friend.

She put her hand on her chest and began to sing.

[Starlight Glimmer]
I never thought that I would find a place

She stood in complete darkness and turned into her younger self when she was a little girl with pig tails.

To step right in and start again

She saw a flashback of her seeing Sunburst happily cheer with his parents in the past.

She looked away from them, and began walking away with her eyes closed (while she had her head down in shame and sadness). As she walked away, other kids that were friends were fading away in the background from her.

I never thought that I could just begin

She transformed back into her current reality-self. She was walking, but stopped when she then bumped into Sunset Shimmer.

Right where I left off and make a friend

Sunset grinned at her. Starlight's eyes sparkled like stars as she continued singing with her hand out.