Chapter 9: Friendship

Sugar Belle, Double Diamond, and Party Favor were still chasing Starlight Glimmer on the mountain pathway. Sugar picked up some snow and made it into a snow pie. "My newest recipe! Snow pie!" She threw it at Starlight, causing her cart to fall down and the jars too.

The jars fell off the pathway but Starlight stopped them from falling with her magical ability. When she reached the other side, she put her hand out, blasting a magic beam that destroyed the middle of the pathway, so that Sugar and the others wouldn't be able to follow her anymore.

With the pathway being destroyed, she kept on running as fast as she can, while having the marks of the Main Seven in jars that she still had.

Party made a balloon bridge to replace on the pathway, so that they can cross over to the other side safely.

"She's going to get away!" Rainbow Dash saw Starlight sprinting in speed at the mountain.

Double stopped running with Sugar and Party, when he spotted a pair of skis deep in the snow. "Woah! These are my old skis." He looked at them. "This is where I first met Starlight."

"Maybe you can run on them, some other time?" Night Glider told him. "She's almost to the caves!"

"Feel like an air drop?" Double picked up one of his skis.

Double was wearing a helmet and was ski-ing with Night, holding onto him. They both moved a pile of snow to trap Starlight and it knocked over the jars, breaking them.

The colorful marks flew up like fireworks straight to the Main Seven, bringing them back to their lively colors of appearance and personality. It also removed their equal marks and faded away color.

They received their magic back, as their marks got returned to each of them. They all transformed into their magical pony forms.

"Yee-haw!" Applejack shouted. "Finally I can bump like a bit snake hunter in a Appleloosa ranch house again."

"Well you got your countryisms back too." Fluttershy said.

The Main Seven started moving fast. Sci-Twi, Fluttershy, and Rainbow flew with their wings. Double had skied down on the snow to be with Sugar, Night, and Party.

Starlight popped out of the pile of snow, with an angry facial expression on her face. She glared at them, showing her rage.

Sugar, Night, Party, Double, and Night flinched from seeing her like that, they backed away some steps away from her.

Starlight put the two of her hands out and bits of magic were glowing from them. She was about to attack them with magic, but was interrupted when Sci-Twi flew down with Sunset.

Sci-Twi put her hands out, releasing her magenta-pink magic to block Starlight's magic. Rainbow came with Rarity and brought her down.

Rarity used her crystal shield to protect Party, Sugar, Double, and Night while Sci-Twi was in a magic battle with Starlight.

Sunset put her hand out to Sci-Twi's wrist, which sparked her orange magic to combine with her's.

Starlight saw that she was outnumbered by their magic skills, then stopped blasting magic from her hands and looked at them. "What? I studied that spell for years. How can you?"

"I studied that spell for years too." Sunset said. "But what I didn't know then, is that studying can only take me so far." She looked at the Main Six, who had all appeared. "Each of my friends has taught me something different about myself. It was their unique gifts and passions and personalities that helped bring out the magic inside of me. I never would of learned the magic of friendship without these six."

She turned to look at Starlight. "And I certainly wouldn't be here to stop you now."

Starlight rolled her eyes. "Spare me your sentimental nonsense!" She was bickering with what she said. "I gave these people real friendships that they never could of had otherwise!"

"How do you know that!?" Double shouted at her. He took off his helmet and threw it into the snow. "You never gave us a chance."

Starlight scowled in anger. She put her hands out and teleported away. She had vanished away out of sight.

"She's getting away!" Rainbow said as her wings were flapping, as she was flying above the ground.

"We'll never find her in there," Double said that Starlight wasn't in the cave.

"We just have to hope that she will have a chance to think it over. She'll realize that all of you had taught her something." Sunset Shimmer said.

"It's you." Party Favor said. "You taught us something. We all came to this village because we were searching for something missing from our lives. We thought that Starlight had given it to us. But now, it seems it was in front of us, all along."

He looked at his trio of friends. "It's us!" He did a group hug with Night Glider, Sugar Belle, and Double Diamond.

"Does that mean you will stay in the village?" Sunset said.

"It's our home." Night said. "I'm not going anywhere."

"This is a chance for all of us to get to know each other again for the very first time." Double said.

"And I finally have a chance to bake something besides terrible muffins." Sugar said.

Her and her friends, and the Main Seven all laughed and giggled at what she said. "Yeah."

Things were back to normal again at the village. The villagers were back to their usual selves and they were all celebrating at a party.

"Now, those are real smiles." Pinkie Pie said.

Applejack's eyes decreased in shock when she felt something. She saw that the mark on her clothing was glowing and so was her magical geode necklace. "I'll never get used to that." She gazed at Pinkie, who was smiling.

"I think it's devine." Rarity said, looking at the glowing blue diamonds marking on her skirt.

"Does that mean the map is calling us somewhere else?" Fluttershy said.

"I have a feeling it means that our work here is done." Sci-Twi said.

"Looks like you were right, Sunset." Applejack said. "The map did have a reason for sending us here. We brought real friendship to these here people. I guess it's why you are our leader."

"But the map didn't send me." Sunset said. "It sent us. You're a part of me. All of you. And there's no doubt, you're a part of my mission to spread friendship too." She got in a group hug with Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Applejack, and Sci-Twi. "Aww~!"

"This feels like an ending." Pinkie got out of the hug. "It doesn't have to be an ending yet, right? But that Sugar Belle...can BAAAAKE~!"

"Maybe we can stay a little while longer," Sunset suggested.

"Come on." She walked to the center of the village as they followed her.