Chapter 4: The Unmarking

Pinkie Pie scratched out the muffin crumbs off her tongue.

"Come inside, before you go." Sugar Belle quickly said to Pinkie and the rest at the table. "Meet me downstairs." She whispered. She then plastered on a fake smile and looked up at Double Diamond from across, and she went back in the bakery.

"Okay, that was weird too." Rainbow Dash said.

"Let's all sit here and eat these muffins, and act normal." Sunset Shimmer said. "I think we're being watched." As she said that, the villagers watched them from a far distance with smiles on their faces.

"Ya, think?" Rainbow said.

"No, not like that." Sunset said. "I think someone here doesn't want us talking to Sugar Belle." she shook her head a bit to the direction to where Double was sitting at a different table.
She was indicating that it was him.

"I got an idea!" Applejack said. "But you've got to eat all 'em muffins, Pinkie," she made eye contact with Pinkie.

"Me!?" Pinkie didn't look happy. "Why me!?" She put her head down as her curled hair lowered down.

"You got a stronger stomach than any of us." Applejack started talking about Sugar. "And that girl in there,  might be our best chance on finding out what in the hay is going on around here."

Pinkie's face was green and she finished eating all of the muffins. "I can't believe you ate all our muffins, Pinkie Pie." Applejack said in a loud tone. "We best go inside, and get some more."

-----

The Main Seven walked downstairs in the bakery. "Nice work, Pinkie." Sci-Twi said.

Pinkie tripped down the stairs and fell on the floor. She landed on her bottom. "I've accidentally eaten cardboard tastier than that." She said in a sad tone.

"Hello? Sugar Belle?" Sunset said, looking around in the dimly-lit basement.

"Thank you for coming." Sugar said with a smile, as she came out of the dark.

"Why did you want us to come down here?" Sunset asked, being suspicious and worried at the same time.

"So nobody can see what is about to happen." As Sugar said that, three villagers came out of the shadows and had creepy smiles on their lips. They all started to corner Sunset and her friends.

The Main Seven all looked terrified and thought that something bad was going to happen to them.

"Are you really from Canterlot?" A boy said to Sunset.

"Do you know Principal Celestia?" A girl with silver hair asked Sunset.

"I looove your mark." Sugar was looking at Pinkie's balloon marking on the bottom of her dress.

"How can you be friends with different marks? Different personalities?" The silver-haired girl with blue eyes asked Rarity and Fluttershy. "Don't you end up hating each other?"

"Oh, look at this one." Sugar pointed to the pink butterflies on Fluttershy's skirt. "This one's great too. I'd LOVE to have my special talent back, even for just a day." She looked sad. "Make something, besides those disgusting muffins."

"So, what's stopping you? Go get your marks and talents back?" Rainbow said.

"Daydreaming is one thing." The villager-boy said. "But you mean.. actually having to put back on? That seems extreme."