Chapter 2: Awakening and Lucky

Fei Ren's POV:

"Hnn...uhhn...huh?!" I got up and looked around quickly. Might have been too quick as I started clutching my head to relieve the pain. Looking around again, I see that I didn't recognize where I was...or what happened after the crash. It all was a haze after that since I fainted. I can't find my backpack but..! My phone is in my pocket. I take it out immediately, ready to call Meursault and/or my parents, or my friends! I take it out to see it was shattered. I tried turning it on, which worked, but it had no signal whatsoever.

"Dammit! Arrgg shit!" my phone is completely useless...I can't call anyone which causes me to panic a little, '...no, no. Calm down. I survived that crash, thank God, so that means I was meant to survive, that I can continue to fight for my life.'

I slowly got up and slowly started walking, limping a bit but not enough to stop me from walking. I was in a forest-like area but the weird thing is that my town doesn't have a forest nearby. Also, where did Raul go? And the people that were chasing us? Did they take me here and leave me to die? Why didn't they hurt me more if that was the case, I wasn't that hurt? What happened to my arm? Wasn't I shot? It's still there...but it's not bleeding and almost entirely gone...maybe I shouldn't to-!

'Hmm?' I feel something wet on my foot. I look down to see a river. Water, clean water, perfect. I leaned down and took some water into my hands. I start to drink it, feeling the cool liquid go down my throat. Relaxed now, I decided to follow the river, it has to lead somewhere. Hopefully, I can find something to heal me. But I think I need to do something about my ankle right now. I sit down and start getting to work. My parents always wanted me to be a doctor or nurse as well, as my father was one. And to learn at least two other languages, which were Chinese (my father's native tongue) and Spanish (Meursault's native language), since they were most common. For both of these requirements to be meant the best way possible, I started early. Taking ER classes and medical shit like that...I can't remember the names...they were all the same except for the things done there. As for language, I never really got annoyed or bored, they were actually really fun. My mother also knows Japanese, as she is Japanese herself. But she hesitates on teaching me...I don't know why. My mother can be quite mysterious sometimes.

I finished with my ankle, the 'gunshot', and a couple of cuts and bruises from the crash. It's not the best way to heal it...but it's better than nothing. I get up and start walking again. Wherever I am, there has to be a place nearby...if not, I hope that there are campers around here. I sigh and continue walking.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm tired and sleepy. I haven't found anyone or anything in what feels like an hour and a half long walk. I'm still walking along the water because there is no way I'm risking dehydration to venture off to nowhere. Plus, you would think someone put some water duct here...for water. Yet I found no sign of anything...oh please help me find something.

I continue walking for a couple more minutes and find some bushes. Once moving those bushes aside, it was like looking at paradise. It was an open area, full of fruits and plant life. A small pond with a waterfall was in the middle of the open field. Small flowers were growing as the bees flew around them. I clutched my stomach, I was hungry. I was also dirty, full of dirt and stuff from the crash and the ground. I grab an orange, how convenient, and wash it off. I open it and see if anything's inside, all clear. I took a piece and put it in my mouth. Dude, it was the best orange I ever had. I quickly eat it before grabbing another one greedily and walking towards the waterfall. I put my hands into the falling water and felt the crash of the water hit my face. I giggle and look behind the waterfall. A cave, small but big enough for me to sleep in. It was also warm. This is the luckiest I've ever felt.

"I think it's settled then! I'm staying here!" I laugh a little before quieting down. My mind drifts to when I find my parents again, and the reaction they'll have once they find me. The warm blanket Meursault will give me, sewn by hand by his equally kind wife, Lesli. The warm, homemade cookies made by the maids, recipe by Susie Ann, another long-time employee. My friends coming over and hugging me. Marie, she would be crying, since she is the most emotional one and the one I consider my bestest of friends. The rest would be either teary-eyed or happy to see me again. Smiling, I'd hug everyone and say I'm okay. Then I would explain everything to the police once the celebration of my return is over.

'Yeah, that's how it'll go. I promise I'll come back, I don't know when or how, but I promise I'll come back. Please wait for me,' I think. I stay on the ground of the cave before moving to the waterfall and trying to find something to contain water in. After a long search, I managed to find a hollow rock, which I then use to get water and bathe myself. I still have my undergarments on, I don't want to be caught by surprise. I tried washing the clothes I was wearing, using flower petals in an attempt to make them clean and smell good. After that, I left them to dry as I made new clothes with the surrounding leaves.

I used the strong part of the leaves in order to make straps and the bottom layer of the clothing. I then got more leaves to make sleeves and wrap around the bottom part of my top and the top part of my skirt. With weak, lighter parts of the leaves, I added a layer to put over the strong, making it prettier. Satisfied with what I managed, I put it on and used the rest to make a blanket and a pillow. I'll admit, it was lopsided and slightly loose, but it's fine to make my basic knowledge of clothing. I go back into the cave and sleep, grabbing the necklace that my parents gave me for my birthday.

(A/N): Alright, 2nd chapter is completed! Hopefully, y'all are hooked on the story so far! I tried to make it intriguing. And also provide some information about my character so far. When she enters and meets new people will most likely be in the next chapter. Thank you for reading so far! Sorry if this chapter was short.