Chapter 22: Chunin Exam: Start!

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, guys!" Naruto waved as he ran toward his group.

"Yeah...Hello," Sakura said, nervously. Fei observed silently, hoping Sakura would feel better. She said what she said yesterday, so she hopes it helps.

'Sakura, she seems weird today,' Sasuke observed as they entered the building. The place was crowded around the room labeled 301 with two people guarding the door. They had just hit a kid in green spandex to the ground.

"Hah! You plan to take the chunin exam with that?! You should quit right now. You're just a little kid." a boy with bandages on his face said. The boy next to him agreed.

"Yeah..." The girl with two buns stepped up.

"Please let us through..."

She was smacked by the bandaged man. Fei moved to catch her, glaring at the two. The girl looked at her and smiled.

"Whoa, thanks...um," Fei smiled back.

"Fei, you?" Fei nodded as they got up.

"Tenten."

"Listen...this is our kindness. The chunin exam isn't easy. Even we have failed it 3 straight times. Those that take this exam have ended up quitting as shinobi. Those that die during the exam, we've seen it all. And chunin often become captains of military teams. The failure of a mission. The death of a comrade. This is all the captain's responsibility. Yet, kids like you think you can pass? We're just thinning out those that will fail anyway. What's wrong with that?"

Fei moved away from Tenten to rejoin her own team.

"I agree but you will let us through and remove this surrounding created with genjutsu. We're going to the 3rd floor," Sasuke said, causing the room to stir in confusion.

"Ah...so you noticed huh?" the guy with the backpack said.

"Sakura, you must have noticed first, right?"

"Huh..?"

"Your analytical ability and genjutsu know-how is the most improved on our team," Sasuke explained, smiling at her. Fei nodded her head in agreement. Sakura blushed and smiled.

'Sasuke...Thank you,' she smiled and smirked, "Of course, I noticed a while ago. Because this is the second floor!"

"Yup!" Naruto agreed as the floor shifted and the sign displayed 201.

"Hmm, not bad..." the guy with bandaids said, before moving to kick Sasuke. Sasuke moved as well, ready to kick the guy back. They were both stopped by the guy in green, moving at a rapid speed.

'Whoa, he's so fast!' Fei thought, eyes sparkling. Tenten couldn't help but giggle at the rookie girl's reaction, her bruise disappearing. The boy next to her just rolled his eyes

'He's fast! He was able to see both kicks and slide himself in between. He's completely different from the person that was getting knocked around earlier!' Sakura thought, stunned.

'Catching my kick with his hand...what's this chakra in his arms...?'

"Hey, what happened to the plan? You're the one who said we shouldn't draw attention to ourselves," his teammate pointed out.

"Well..." The guy started, looking at Sakura and blushing.

"Oh!" Fei gaped as he walked up to her, a determined look in his eye. Tenten shook her.

"Hi," he started, "My name is Rock Lee. So yours is Sakura...Let's go out together!! I'll protect you 'til I die!!"

"No...way, you're lame," Sakura said, weirded out. Lee sulked as Naruto laughed and Fei giggled. Fei looked back at the guys that were at the door, but they were gone.