Chapter 26: Reaching the Tower

A/N: hehe

~~~~~~~~~~

"COWABUNGA!" Naruto yelled as he and his clones splashed into the water. Sasuke then threw kunai at the fish who jumped out of the water, catching 4 for the four of them. Fei and Sakura got the fire ready and chatted.

"I'm trying to light a fire, but...um...I don't remember how to do it properly!" Fei huffed as she hit two rocks together.

"Four fish won't last us long. I want to preserve some for later. Let's do it three more times. C'mon stupid..." Sasuke ordered.

"This isn't exactly easy, ya know! So let's swap jobs! You dive!"

"Sasuke! We've finished setting up for the fire! We just need a fire ball please!" Sakura called out and Fei dropped her rocks.

"I guess that's enough..."

"Wait a second! Hey!"

~~~~~~~~~~

"This is the 4th afternoon since the start of the second test...the second test started at around 2:30pm, meaning we only have about 25-26 hours left."

"Many teams have already passed, that means..." Sakura began.

"Now we're in hard-mode..." Fei said, gazing at the fire. After that small conversation, the fish were ready and they began to eat in silence, worry gnawing at most of them.

"You know, there may not be any more heaven scrolls..." Sakura mumbled.

"Hm? What do you mean?" Fei asked, putting down her fish.

"Because, the fact that it's the fourth day of this five-day second test means that 80% of the test is over..." Sakura began to explain about the predicament that they were in at the moment. Fei began to gnaw at her lip and tug her braids, suddenly anxious.

"Either way...the next enemy is our next chance," Sasuke got up and turned away, "I'm going to get some water."

"Hey! Hey!" Naruto said as he grabbed their scroll, "There's a way to get the scroll without fighting any enemies." He then poured out other scrolls that he had in his bag.

"You don't mean...!" Sakura yelled.

"Wait! Are you for real?" Fei asked, shocked.

"That's exactly what I meant. I have tons of scrolls: ninjutsu manual, poison manual, blank ones for taking notes...if we change one to look just like the heaven scroll..."

"There's no guarantee it'll work! We don't even know what the inside content of the real scroll has!" Fei reasoned, concerned at the idea.

"Exactly! We'll be caught! Idiot!"

"These things usually have a password in them. One that you need 2 parts to understand. Basically! Basically! To pass this test you need to say a password when you make it to the tower. It must be like that!!"

"So what?! Since we don't know what's in the scrolls, making a fake is still meaningless!" Sakura shouted.

"Owie..." Fei murmured as she covered her ears.

'He had a serious face so I got my hopes up...what a naive moron...' Sakura thought.

"But...if we could figure out what's inside the scrolls...this earth scroll," Naruto raised the scroll up, "I'm gonna open this scroll!"

"No!" Fei and Sakura yelled out in unison.

"We can't open the scroll! It's against the rules! We're supposed to open it once we get to the tower!" Fei reminded him as Sakura punched him in the face, "And would you please stop punching him!"