Chapter 12: Pass or Fail?

Third Person POV:

"Substitution" Fei shouted as the body hit the floor. She hears the rattling of the leaves and sees Sasuke running off. Moving slightly from her position, she decided it would be best to be cautious. She waited for a bit to hear more rattling and assumed Sakura left, too. Fei then moves towards Naruto in an attempt to help him down.

"Naruto? You good?" she asked.

"Yeah, just get me down from here!" he yelled. I raised my hands and shrugged. I cut the rope and he dropped down on his feet.

"Ah, thanks, Fei. I owe ya one!" he scratched the back of his neck.

"Hey, this guy might be a little tough to beat..." she said.

"A little?" he groaned. She places her hands on her hips and pouts, looking up at the sky. Natsume and Aite work together a lot...maybe if she and Naruto grouped together, they could get...sorta close.

"Say...do-do you wanna work together...maybe we could..." she struggled with her words, blushing. The idea probably wouldn't work. There's no way.

"No, I have to do this alone. I won't let him mock me like that!" he had a fire in his eyes. With that, she didn't ask again.

"Yeah, guess so...maybe it would slow us down...but..." she sighed, "nevermind, Imma go!" and she jumped up. Naruto looked down to find another bell and fell for the same trap. As she continued to move, she heard a scream.

"Sakura?!" she muttered and started to go in that direction. When she got there, she found her on the floor.

"Sakura! Hey, wake up! Sakura!" she started to yell. She felt someone behind her.

"Sensei!" she looked down at Sakura, "d-don't you think you went a little too far?"

"I may have, but she has to learn somehow, right?"

"Guess so..." she then took out a kunai from her pouch and got into a fighting position. Kakashi glanced up from his book.

"Already? You're a little eager..."

"I need to pass this exam, and one way or another, I will pass," she glared at him.

'If looks could kill, she's already on a great path so far' he glanced up with a bored expression, 'her blue eyes are piercing to the vein. If she had a different personality, it would be rather disturbing.'

Fei moved towards him with the kunai. He blocked it with an arm and pushed her out of the way. She skids on the ground and comes back for another swipe. She continues to do this before doing some hand signs, "Water style: water cascade!"

This ended in bullets of water being shot out from the nearby river, but all were dodged without much effort. She groaned and continued her previous attacks once more.

"You should consider changing methods, this is getting you nowhere," she smirked.

"Alright," before charging again. Kakashi grabbed her and held her in place, ready to fling her when the shuriken came out of the surrounding trees. He dodged and realized he was holding a tree trunk. He heard a grunt from behind himself to see Fei Ren, flinging herself towards the bells. Before she could even touch one, she was grabbed by the waist in mid-air and pinned to the ground.

"Whoa!" she surprised him by the amount of squirming and struggling she did. Like a wild animal, trapped in a corner, "though that was a good plan, I'd suggest being a little quieter. Announcing your presence in the midst of a sneak attack can lead to fatal consequences..." she kicked up, with a free leg, only for it to be caught and pinned. She moved for a punch and also had the same result. A headbutt was attempted but he moved out of the way.

"I think you need to calm down for a bit. Here, I'll help you," he did a hand sign that caused Fei to end up tied. Her wrists and ankles had ropes around them.

"No! Let go!' she struggled and wiggled even more.

"You were so close. Oh well," he walked away, pulling his book up and reading.

"Wha? Hey, wait a minute! Sensei!" She struggled for a few more minutes before getting tired. Her chakra use needed some work, she continuously uses too much. She decided that calming down and catching her breath would be better. She hears distant shouting from the trees.

Sakura!

"Sakura! Hey, over here! I'm tied up! Help!" she shouted at the voice. Sakura came out of the trees, looking distressed and worried.

"Fei! Good!" she untied her and grabbed Fei's shoulders, "Fei! Sasuke's in trouble! He's hurt!"

"Sakura, I'm pretty sure that was genjutsu. He's fine!" She didn't listen to Fei, however, but instead hurried off to find Sasuke. Fei would've followed but she was extremely tired. Too much chakra use.

"Uuuuggh! Come on! How will I get close to beating him if I can't even get up!" She struggled. When she saw that she can barely stand, she decided that sitting and waiting for her chakra to replenish would be best. She thought about the age she is supposed to be. She was 15 back in her world, before coming here and turning 7...by now, she'd be 20 since 5 years have passed. But then again, how does she know how her body's doing over there? Heck, is there even a body to worry about? What if she doesn't exist over there anymore? What if she's dead? What could she possibly leave behind over there? Who knows. All Fei knew at the moment is that there is a way back to earth, or her dimension...whatever it is, it's back to her family and friends. However, she had a sneaking suspicion that Shiro has that same information too. And if someone's giving him that information, be damned, cause he is no good. She thought about her friends, wondering how they're handling her disappearance...if it is a disappearance. Maybe they're doing fine, but they were really close...so probably not.

She thought about Marie. The curly-haired brunette with pink and green streaks on the tips. The girl she considered a blessing for her, her best friend. She met her when she was a new girl in her school. Extremely lonely, Fei sat down to the far right of the classroom. After introducing herself, she rushed over there and took her notebook. They were either emotions that she was feeling or words that could relate to the emotion. Either way, she was really lonely. Marie was sitting across from her. The seating chart was not in her favor, as she was moved to chatting with another girl. In reality, Marie was arguing with the girl in front of her for picking on a friend of hers. After a couple of days of trying to negotiate, she ended up pulling at her ponytail in frustration and the teacher mistook it as rough friend play. Marie, however, was satisfied, as she stopped teasing her friend. No joking matter to Marie, she will hurt you. As she was sitting near Fei, she would observe the way she focused on the subject, and avoid talking to her when the teacher explicitly said "talk to your partner." Marie decided to take the lead and start a conversation.

"I really like your handwriting! It's so neat and pretty!" from there Fei quietly thanked her. Marie continued with questions about where she was from, and what she did before, and what were her hobbies in which Fei would answer. After doing this they grew closer, shocking the class. They were polar opposites, really, but here they were. Hugging and laughing together. Marie was a link. Inviting something Fei only dreamed of before, connection.

Fei snapped out of her thoughts, it was already noon...it was over. She failed. She got up, holding herself up on the tree behind her, and limped to the training area.