Chapter 21: Slip up and Spill

A/N: Before getting into this chapter, I'd like to thank everyone who has read this far! Thank you so much for 4K reads and upvotes, really wasn't expecting that! Took me long to get to this point in the plot, huh? Haha, well, enjoy!! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

The team was waiting for their sensei. Fei brought a book with her, reading about previous Kage and their legacies.

"Hey! How can this be allowed? Why does that person ask us to meet and then make us wait?!" Sakura shouts out, bothered.

"Yeah! Yeah! Sakura's right!!"

"What about the feelings of a young girl who overslept and didn't have time to blow dry her hair!!"

"It's only one spot," Fei commented, not looking up.

"Yeah Yeah!! I overslept too! So I didn't wash my face or brush my teeth!!"

"Ew..."

"That's...nasty."

"Hehe."

'Why does everything have to be so intense with them...' Sasuke thought annoyed.

"He's here," Fei commented when she looked up to see their sensei.

"Morning people! I got lost on the road of life..." Kakashi stated calmly, waving his hand.

"Yeah right, liar!! Apologize!" both Naruto and Sakura shouted.

"Well, anyway...this is sudden but, I've nominated you guys for the chunnin selection exam."

"Wha! Really?" Fei asked.

"What did you say?!" Sakura shouted.

"You think that makes up for-!"

"Here are your applications," Kakashi said, handing the applications to each person.

"Kakashi sensei!" Naruto shouted, jumping on him, "I love you!"

"Hey stop, let go of me...You'll slobber on my vest..." he put Naruto down and continued, "Though this is just a nomination, whether to take the exam is up to each of you. Those who wish to take it should sign those papers and turn them in in room 301 by 4 pm tomorrow. That's all." He finished and poofed away. The group nodded before walking away together.

"Hihihi! Chunin exam! Chunin exam!" Naruto sang, happy as can be, "There's going to be a lot of strong guys in this thing. Like him!" He thought about Kankuro then he looked at Sasuke, 'And him! Okay! I won't lose to him!!'

He began to imagine himself winning the exams and getting the title of Hokage, "Hehehe!"

'I might be able to fight him...' Sasuke thought about Gaara, "Bah..."

'I wonder who else I'll meet...people all over the country...stronger opponents...' Fei thought walking forwards, thinking about the 3 sand shinobi before drifting towards Shiro, "Hmph! Let's go then!" she said, clenching her fist and punching the air. She suddenly felt cold from her right. She looked back and saw Sakura pause.

'I can't even keep up with Sasuke, Fei, and Naruto...and now the chunin exams...'

"Sakura?" Fei murmured, letting the boys move ahead so she could chat, "What's up?"

"It's nothing, really. I just need time to think is all," she gestured at the application.

"Don't doubt yourself, okay? I believe in you, Sakura. You're strong and smart! And we won't judge you if you choose not to participate." Fei comforted. Sakura smiled at her and nodded.

"Let me think, okay? I'll see you tomorrow Fei! Take care!" Sakura said and walked away. Fei waved.

~~~~~~~~~~