Chapter 32: Mysteries of the Moonlit Night

A/N: Hi! It's been a while. Im sorry about that. To be honest. I've been working a lot on the backgrounds of my FCs more and more, and I feel pretty satisfied with them now. I want to write interactions between the team and Fei, but i also want you guys to get to know the other characters, too, without getting bored by them. So that's that. Thank you so much for reading so far. You guys are the best!

~~~~~~~~~~

'There's a week left before the final part of the chuunin exam,' Fei thought to herself, looking at her hand, 'I have learned most of the jutsu that were in the scroll, and I've learned how to use Hana and Tama. Yet...'

"Master Fei? Are you tired already?" Hana asked, "You look really distracted..."

"Ah? N-no Hana...I'm not tired. It's just that...I've had something on my mind lately."

"Would you like to tell us?" Tama asked, sitting on his knees, causing his sister to follow.

"Um... you know what? Sure. You see, I feel like something's missing. I have two chakra affinities, which is great, and I can do other things: I can manipulate water without chakra, even though I have no idea how, I can also use you guys, but...why do I feel like something's off? Like, as if I'm missing something..." Fei questioned, looking at the ground as she thought.

The twins looked at each other in thought before speaking again, "We can answer that, Master."

"You see, we detected that you do have another affinity. At first, we thought that perhaps it was related to your two chakra natures. It's not uncommon to see individuals whose chakra natures combine well together to use other natures like ice. However, in your case, it seems to be separate from that. You're born with that nature, regardless of your chakra. That nature is ice." Hana said.

"Ice..." Fei thought as she looked at her hands again, "That sounds... really cool!!! But...who will teach me about that?" Fei looked at her fans expectantly, and they shook their heads.

"I'm sorry, Master. We only specialize with wind types. You've gotta find someone else..." Tama looked down, his ears and tail drooping as he saddened. Hana looked at her brother with a pout.

"It's okay, Tama," Fei comforted him as she ruffled his head, causing his tail to wag, "With everything that you guys have taught me, I'm going to be okay! Plus, I still have my water jutsu. Just wish... I could master my water body. I have no idea how to trigger that at all, either." Fei stopped before signing, "Whatever. I think I'll take a break for today, okay? Good work everyone, come back."

"Yes Master!" both wolf kids said as they returned to their fans with a puff of smoke.

"Hah... what to do now?" Fei murmured to herself, "I guess I'll go home...ooooor visit a friend..."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Miki, I'm having some trouble. Is it okay if I come talk to you?"

"Of course, Fei, you are always welcome!" Miki said, smiling as she welcomed her in. Miki's clan compound has always been small. A clan specialized in healing, but at the deadly cost of having a vulnerable immune system. Considered angels in the battlefield, but often dying at the hands of poison or infection.

Suddenly, an illness that directly affected chakra killed off half of her clan, and she and the rest of the healthy family members had remained in quarantine. Her father had passed while her mother was still fighting off the illness. One of her sisters was recovering but still quarantined. Her other sister and brother were living with her, one a jonin and the other a young academy student. Miki, despite it all, was quite positive, working hard for her family. This gave her the nickname of the 'Bright Angel of Konoha'.