Chapter 20: Truth Comes Out

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah~! Good morning Konoha...!" Fei mumbled, rubbing the sleepy out of her eyes. She slowly got up from the bed and changed into her usual attire. She approached the kitchen to see Aite and Natsume already dressed.

"Good morning, Fei. Breakfast is on the stove, I made it a while ago, so it might be cold. Heat it up if you must," Aite stated, adjusting his vest. Natsume greeted as well, with a wave as he maneuvered his mask.

"Good morning, are you guys leaving?" she asked, fidgeting with her skirt.

"Yeah, unfortunately," Natsume said.

"What...what rank?" Fei asked.

"It's just an A rank, don't worry," Aite remarked, ruffling her hair. She puffed out her cheeks.

"You ruined my hair..." she said, worry still evident in her voice. They crouched down, hugging her before leaving.

"Don't worry! We'll be right back! Nothing stops us when we work together!" Natsume exclaimed, looking at Fei with a smile before pulling down his mask.

"We'll be back in a couple of days or so, okay?"

"Ugh...ah...okay..." she said, before shaking her head and smiling, "Take care out there!"

"Will do!" Natsume said before they both exited. She stood there for a minute before moving to get her breakfast.

"I wonder if I'll ever get used to being alone like this...it's so much different from my parents leaving for work. The risk that Natsume and Aite take...what if one day they don't come back?" she thought out loud, "What am I thinking! They're amazingly talented ninja! No way!"

Fei finished her meal and cleaned the kitchen and plate before hearing a knock at her door.

"Fei! Fei!! You awake yet?" Naruto shouted while knocking at her door.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" she yelled out, grabbing her pouch and running towards the door,

"Hey, Naruto!"

"Hehe, I'm up earlier than you!" he smiled, rubbing his nose with his finger. Fei giggled and playfully punched his arm.

"Yeah right, you probably just got up and rushed over here," she reached up and ruffled his hair, "Bed-head!"

"Hey!" Naruto swatted her hand away, giggling as well, "Let's go!"

"Okay!"

~~~~~~~~~~

They arrived at the meet-up spot, seeing Sasuke and Sakura already there. Naruto sprinted ahead.

"Oh! Good morning you guys!" Sakura greeted.

"Good morning, Sakura. Good morning...Sasuke..." Fei greeted, awkward after their last mission.

"Good morning, Sakura!" Naruto shouted before looking at Sasuke with a glare. Sasuke glared back.

"Um..." Fei started, looking at both of them before glancing at Sakura. She looked back at Fei and sweatdropped. By the time they looked back, the boys looked away from each other.

"Bah!"

"God...things have gotten awkward...haven't they...?" Fei murmured towards Sakura, who nodded.

"Yeah...I wish Kakashi sensei would hurry!" Sakura murmured back, already agitated.

"That's not gonna happen," Fei murmured. There was a second of pause before Fei pulled out some cards.

"Wanna play Uno?"

~~~~~~~~~~

After teaching Sakura to play, they played for the 3 hours it took their sensei to appear. Naruto joined after an hour and took longer to learn. Sasuke leaned on the fence, looking at the game from afar.