Chapter 25: A Little Help From Everyone

~~~~~~~~~~

Sakura was wiping both boys of their wounds as Fei observed their surroundings. A rustle suddenly came from a bush, causing both Sakura and Fei to tense up. However, it was just a tiny squirrel.

"Jeez...don't scare me," Sakura mumbled to the squirrel before throwing a kunai in front of it. Fei sighed, relieved as the squirrel narrowly missed Sakura's set up trap.

"How are they doing, Sakura?" Fei asked as she kneeled next to her. Sakura stayed silent for a bit before answering.

"Naruto's steadily recovering. Give him a couple more minutes...but Sasuke..." she said, looking at him solemnly.

"Hehe, up all night? But it's no longer necessary. Wake up Sasuke. We want to fight him," the bandaged sound guy demanded, appearing suddenly. Fei glared at Zaku, ready for an excuse to punch him. He simply smirked at her.

"No way...get lost!" Fei said.

"Yeah! And what are you talking about?! I know that someone named Orochimaru is pulling the strings from the shadows! What is his purpose?!" The three tensed up and continued, "What is this weird mark on Sasuke's neck? You did this to him...and now you want to fight?!"

"Hmm, I wonder what that man is thinking..." the bandaged leader responded.

"But hearing that, we can't let you go. I'll take care of these girls and I'll kill this Sasuke guy." Zaku said as he got up. Fei prepared herself as Sakura readied her kunai.

"Wait Zaku," the leader looked at the floor before addressing Sakura, "You're not very good. Recently overturned stone, different colored dirt. Grass doesn't grow here...A booby trap is pointless unless it goes unnoticed." Both girls tensed, feigning worry.

"Pft, stupid."

"So that kunai was to prevent the squirrel from setting off the trap," Zaku finally responded.

"Well, since we have no use for this girl. The other girl is a peek of interest, we know you aren't from here," Fei tensed even more, and the sound ninja looked at Sakura, "Kill her."

They jumped towards the girls, Fei standing in front of Sakura. Sakura cut a string behind her, deploying a giant log to hit all three.

"A giant log?! From above! Oh no!" the sound ninja exclaimed before laughing, "yeah right."

"Frankly speaking, you have no talent. People like you have to work harder. A weakling like you shouldn't mess with guys like us." Sakura began to tear up and Fei gave a cold glare causing them to stutter a bit.

"Shut up! The only people with no talent here are you guys!" Fei yelled as she prepared her jutsu, "Water style: water bullet-!"

"Leaf Hurricane!" a green whirlwind smashed the three out of the air and landed gracefully in front of the girls.

"Then you guys should also work harder!" Lee said, smiling.

"Who are you?"

"The beautiful green beast of the Hidden Leaf: Rock Lee!"

"Lee!" Fei yelled, pumping her fist up in excitement.

"W-Why are you here?" Sakura asked.

"I will always appear when you are in trouble," Fei awed as Lee placed the squirrel on his shoulder down, "It's actually thanks to you! Now go."

"Well, thank you. You saved us both..."

"I said it before...that I will protect you until I die."

"Hey, if you're gonna take care of that guy," Fei pointed at Zaku, "Then I call dibs on that guy!"