9 - Nightime Fly

"Hey." A voice casually spoke in my ear. I jumped in my chair and turned around at the speed of light to see dark ruby eyes looking into mine.

Instinctively, I swung my hand to slap him but he grabbed my wrist just before I struck him. I need to contact Pit, "What are you doing here?!" I whisper yelled at him, "Don't touch me either." I said as I snapped my wrist away and rubbed it.

Blindly grabbing for my laurel, I put it on. Dark pit didn't answer instead, he was looking around. I activated a conversation with Pit; maybe he'll wake up from my talking and figure out who I'm talking too? Let's hope.

"I asked you a question, Pittoo." I grinned at the name knowing he hated it and maybe Pit will wake up from hearing his name.

"I see you didn't learn your lesson." He ran at me suddenly, grabbing my waist and jumping out the window.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled in surprise hoping that was loud enough to wake up Pit, "Put me down!" I kept yelling and winced from feeling his hands around me. I was still fairly sore from earlier events.

"Don't call me Pittoo or this happens." I could hear him smile since I was thrown over his shoulders and could only see his back. Pit you better wake up.

As if the universe heard me, Pits voice blessed my ears, "(Y/n) are you ok?! Where are you!"

Pit was up thank the heavens! "Where are you taking me?!" I punched his back. I have to get out of his grip.

"That's a secret." I sighed and stopped fighting, "Fine. I mean we just left so we're not even that far yet I bet Pit could catch up to us right now if he headed... north-west right, Pit?"

"Really?!" Pittoo yelled. He did some maneuvers and got me all mixed up so I couldn't tell out where we were as all I saw were clouds.

"You know you kinda remind me of a stick in the mud." I tapped his shoulder blade in boredom knowing I probably wasn't getting away without some opening. With nothing to do I began fiddling with his feathers mindlessly.

"Would you stop that?" The raven angel grumbled before shaking me so I'd leave him alone, "Tell me where we're going or I'll start plucking them." I threatened. He stayed silent until I grabbed the biggest feather I could reach and gently pulled it.

"Do that and see what happens." He glared at me with annoyance, bordering on anger. I stood no chance against him and he knew that so I sighed in defeat.

After a few minutes, I could feel Pittoos guard dropping and his grip loosened quite a bit on me.
Without warning, I grabbed his belt and pulled on it as hard as I could while kneeing him in the chest. He lost his balance and let go of me for about half a second giving me a chance.

I slipped out and fell into the clouds smiling at him, "See ya!" I turned downwards and dived as fast as I could. Finally I wasn't being handled like a sac of potato's.

I allowed several moments to pass before saying anything, "Pit are you there?"

"Yeah! Are you ok?!" Pit sounded worried.

"I'm fine- WHAA!" I yelled as I barely missed colliding Pit flying by me, "There you are!" I smiled in relief. He had on a white T shirt and black pajama pants.

"Thank goodness you're safe!" He came back around and basically tackled me with a hug. But something different happened? My heart sped up and I got nervous and giddy. My face heated up... like a lot! Uh... ha! ha! ha! I'm just really stressed out and exhausted.

"How are you flying?!" I asked out of nowhere to distract him from feeling how fast my heart was going.

"Palutenas doing her sleep flying again. If I ask her to make me fly late enough she'll do it in her sleep!" We laughed, "and since she's not wasting energy on arrows for me, I can fly for much longer! I bet Pittoo's looking for us so we should fly around for a bit. He will find us if we go back to the palace and it's too late to fight him after today. Plus look how nice it is tonight!"
I smiled and nodded my head, "Sure!"

We flew around in silence for a while.

"Y'know... I never thought I'd say this but... I... I think I want to stay here." I looked at Pit who gave me a blank expression, "B-but I mean if that's ok with you and Palutena!"

"No I don't mind at all! I was actually going to ask you that sooner or later so I'm glad you made up your mind now! Now we can always be around each other!" He laughed. Guess he was just a little taken aback by the suddenness of it.

I did what Pit did when teaching me how to fly and went down underneath him and flew on my back so I could see his face as if we were talking on the ground. It's a lot harder than it sounds.

"This is a trippy way to fly!" I giggled since this was my first time flying like this. We looked each other in the eyes and i noticed how similar pits eyes matched the stars above us. They were so pretty it was nearly impossible to look away.

Before I could react though, Pit put an arm around my waist and grabbed one of my hands, making my heart skip a beat. He pulled me closer and closer till our faces were inches away from each other.

This all felt weird and new but everything feels so lovely right now... I feel warm and safe.

Pits P.O.V
What am I doing?! Pit stop! You're being weird! I yelled at my self mentally but I couldn't stop.

Her eyes reflected the stars and she was right there! Right there ok?! This strange feeling in my chest came back but this time my legs and arms weakened. I think I know what this feeling is...

So this is what it feels like... I could see (y/n)s cheeks turn pink and at this point our lips were almost touching. We've only known each other for a few weeks but we have spent almost every second of those weeks together.

She's one of the closets friends I have and I'm probably creeping her out!

(Y/n) P.O.V
This wasn't very like Pit but I can tell he's doing his best... haha. It seemed like he was lost in thought so I did the scariest thing my heart could handle.

I leaned forwards more and gave him a quick peck on the lips. What are you doing?!?! I screamed at myself. Pits cheeks turned a bright red, even in the dark, the night sky was bright enough for me to see.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that!" I pulled away and flew as fast as I could back to the temple, hiding my face and trying not to let my eyes water but it was no use. That was so embarrassing...

"Wait (y/n)!" I heard Pit call.