20 - Reunited

I held my throat while my vision was failing. I sat on my knees as all my surroundings disappeared. Right now, It's just me. I feel alone; like i'm drowning.

My breathing was fast and shallow and my legs were extremely weak. I had lost all control of myself and there's no oxygen entering my lungs. I'm going to die here! Those flowers must have done something. Am I having withdrawals from them? They have been the only thing i've eaten since we got here and I don't even know how long thats been and they have some sort of trance drug or magic in them.

"I... I c-can't... Breath..." Words were so hard to say and everything was so bright around me so I couldn't look up, "D-dark..."

I didn't know what to do so I pleaded for his help. I couldn't stop crying and my sobs were impossible to control. Everything was hot and cold and I was sweating extremely bad while my body shook from both cries and chills.

How ever long I sat there spiraling felt like eternity. Everything was spinning and my senses were overwhelmed beyond anything i've ever felt before.

My body felt like it was slowly shutting down and I began to fold down towards the ground with my face into my knees until two hands grabbed mine.

"Hey! hey it's ok..." Dark Pits voice had returned to its usual tone except this time with much more care in his words, "Your not dying but you might feel like it." He chuckled a little bit before pulling a cloth near my face, "Put this over your mouth. You need to slow your breathing. Everything will be fine." He reassured but it was impossible to think about anything except how I was feeling.

"B-but I c-can't..." I gasped for air.

"I know you feel like you can't breath but trust me, you can." Dark Pit said but I couldn't understand, "What's... Happening to m-me..."

"You're having a panic attack," He stopped kneeling and sat of his knees in front of me, "You're taking in to much oxygen so try to slow down your breathing. That's the best way for you to calm down."

I held the cloth over my mouth and nose but immediately took it off as it practically cut off my oxygen supply, "I-I can't..." I felt more tears run down my face. I really am going to die here.

"Yes you can. Trust me," Dark Pit rubbed my arm while I used the other to hold up the cloth. I couldn't help but pause before but I held the fabric up and kept it their. It panicked me greatly but I pushed through and held it against my face.

My sweating seemed to have reduced after a couple minutes and I regained some feeling in my hands but I felt sick. Very sick. My body was still shaking with each breath but my throat just ever so slightly opened up. That was just enough to help me further calm down.

Several more minutes passed before I could finally talk clearly again and the lights around us weren't as bright as before. My sobs had ceased as well and were replaced with small sniffles.

"T-thank you.." I hiccuped from the crying as I finally got to see Dark Pits face clearly again. I still couldn't bring myself to smile as I was still trying to pull through the rest of the 'panic attack'. Do people really experience these often? I've only read about them and never experienced it first hand. They are much worse than they seem.

"You won't recover from this instantly. I'm not sure how long that would be for you though," He got up, sat next to me and put his wing around me similar to a cushion or blanket, "Let's just stay here awhile until you get some of your your strength back. Things like this are very exhausting and I would get you food but, they only serve one thing here." He laughed.

My head rested on his shoulder from exhaustion, "Can I... hold your hand?" I asked quietly while holding out a trembling hand, "Y-you were acting so different. It scared me and I feared you would remain like that as if this were some sick nightmare." I felt more tears well up in my eyes.

He didn't say anything at first but just grabbed my hand a held onto it tightly, "As long as we stay together, we will be alright."

Those words were enough to put all my worries to rest and I quickly dozed off, embracing the moment as I felt his warm hand in mine.

-

I awoke to someone shaking my shoulder, "...ngh... Hello...?" I groaned in exhaustion.

"Hi Miss. (Y/n). Louhi sent me to find you and guide you to a better place of rest! Please come with me!" The young lady standing before me had a big smile that didn't falter even as she spoke, "it is very late and it seems you two have had one to many drinks!"

Nervous that they would find out that we discovered their secret, I quickly shook Dark Pit awake, "Hey... Wake up..."

"Hmm...?" He mumbled before seeing the woman in front of us, "Oh! Sorry. We'll go somewhere else." He got up and then helped me up as well, acting similar to how he did when he ate the flower. I guess he knows that they can't know that we know about the food here. Haha.

"Follow me. I'll take you to a room where you both can rest easy for the night." The girl spoke before quickly walking ahead. I followed hesitantly as my legs still felt weak and shook as pressure was applied with each step but, I kept going. I've shown enough weakness for one day. I thought as I felt my face heat up and I cringed. Especially from past events.

"You good?" Dark Pit asked, stepping closer with a hand slightly outstretched. I responded quickly, "Yes! I'm fine!" Trying to not shake as I moved.

We made it about two or three blocks and I could see the hotel just down the road. The exhaustion was almost to much for me and I increased my speed very subtly. Ok now I can just go to sleep and we can forget all about my panic attack from earlier.

"Ah!" I yelped as I stumbled over my feet. I quickly recovered right before I fell and laughed nervously, "Sorry just tired." I looked to Dark Pit who looked surprised with slight concern, still keeping up the act that he was under the influence of the flower.

"Here." He held out his arm and I gladly intertwined my arm with his, having a strong sense of safety and security, "Thanks." I gave a pleased smile as we finally made it to our destination.

-

Finally checked into our room, I mentally slapped my self for not asking sooner, "It's really you Dark Pit right?"

"Yes don't worry." He said with a low tired voice, "I'm glad you were able to catch on to what was wrong with those flowers. I knew it was off from the first bite but since I ingested it, I lost control of my own senses. I couldn't stop eating it. Those stupid red flowers..."

"Wait red?" I quickly asked before sitting down, "That's not right. The only colors I saw were shades of oranges and pinks. Not one red flower in sight."

"Wait... Maybe that's why I barely had control of my own two feet", He shuffled around, "It felt like I was watching my eyes through a screen and something- or someone was using me like a puppet. But for some reason," He explained, "I couldn't stop eating those flowers. They were addicting. If you didn't pull me out of that room, I would still be in that trance."

"Then that means... They must know who we are. In a more personal way. Who would that be though..." I put and hand on my chin in thought until Dark Pit mumbled.

"Pandora..." We both looked at each other in unease and realization, "This is bad. We need to leave. Now."