31 - Conflicts Resolved

Dark Pit led me to another room away from the ball and shut the door, "Please talk to me. I want to know why this whole thing bothers you so much."

"There's nothing I need to tell you concerning what bothers me." I gritted my teeth, trying not to lose my temper completely.

Dark Pit grabbed my hand almost pleading, "Please just give me an answer."

"Oh, you want an answer? I can't do this anymore!" I snatched my hand away defensively, squeezing my eyes shut in an attempt to shut out my emotions.

"Do what anymore?"

"Be friends! Now go back out to the party and leave me alone." I could feel my eyes beginning to burn saying that but it's true.

"You think I haven't noticed you avoiding me at any given opportunity? The way you try to run off the second I look in your direction. Tell me what's wrong. I know you're not fine." I could hear him step closer to me.

"Of course I'm not fine!" The control over my emotions was slowly slipping.

"Then why won't you tell me?" He took yet another step in my direction.

"Because explaining myself will make everything worse!" I took a step back.

"How is it worse if we try to address the issue?"

"Oh, you finally want to hear my issue? I am in love with you!" I finally snapped at him, tears filling my lower eyelids. I had been waiting so long to say it but this isn't how I imagined it to be done.

The man in front of me froze before a look of confusion spread across his face, leaning back with wide eyes, "What...?"

The welling tears in my eyes quickly dried up as words began spilling out of my mouth, "Are you so oblivious to the ways your actions have torn me apart the last several weeks!?"

He stood there in shock trying to find words but couldn't as I blew up on him. I could finally just get it out.

"For the last three years! Three years! You've shown me warmth and comfort through possibly the worst thing we have ever seen- the worst thing the world has ever seen. Then," My voice shook as tears filled the rims of my eyes, "you shove me out of your life the second you meet someone new. I thought you cared about me..."

I let out all the rage in moments and couldn't help but fall apart into sobs, "I thought... we had something more." I hugged myself in shame for the way I cried looking away towards the floor, using a hand to cover the lower half of my face. I didn't want to be so vulnerable like this, especially to the angel in front of me.

"I-I know you think I'm acting s-so selfish but I..." I could barely speak through my cries.

Not even a moment passed before I felt two arms wrapped tightly around me. Entirely accepting of the embrace, I wrapped my arms around Dark Pit, not realizing how much I missed him. His warmth caused me to just melt in his grasp.

"I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry..." he whispered to me, his words filled with sorrow. I continued to cry for a while longer until someone practically kicked the door down.

"You little witch!" Alexia came storming in with rage in her eyes, "You broke my spell! You ruined everything!" She screamed holding up and broken pendant.

"What— what is she talking about?" I urgently asked Dark Pit but he looked equally as shocked. He felt he just wanted to be with her and doesn't know why...? Broke her spell?!

"What did you do to him?!" I demanded as she came closer.

"What do you think you piece of sh-" she raised her hand at me before Dark Pit stepped between and grabbed her wrist, "That's enough." Alexia seemed startled.