4 - A Blessing

Your P.O.V
A boy; around my age was blocking my way out of the dead end I just trapped my self in.

One had large white wings while the other had smaller wings and a helmet covering his face. The boy had a ok of concern while the guards body language told me he was just irritated.

"D-Don't come any closer!" My voice shook as I spoke and I held up both my hands out in front of me. I could see my hands visibly shaking as well as my knees from both fear and adrenaline.

"We're just trying to help." The boy with sapphire eyes said taking a small step closer making me press my back against the wall.
"I-I Don't w-want your help! I'm warning you stay back!"

"And what are you going to do? Fly?" The guard said with a mocking tone.

"You can leave. I can handle this," the guard stood strait and walked away without another word, "We're going to take you back to your room. You're still recovering!" I wasn't taking any of this.

It's now or never! I ran past the boy and ran like I have never ran before. Soon enough I found the kitchen and desperately searched around for a hiding spot. It felt like forever until I found a cabinet big enough to fit me inside and the silence that followed was terrifying.

I heard footsteps before a sigh, "where did you go..." then the footsteps faded until I couldn't hear them.

I quietly sighed in relief. The cabinet was a pretty big size so it could probably hold a few more people. Thank goodness it's just me-

The cabinet opened. And the brown hair boy climbed in.  Shocked, my face felt pale and I couldn't move.

"You know," he looked my way once all the way in the cabinet, "You could just go back to your room and rest."

I buried my head in my knees and shook my head.

"Why though? You have a nice bed."

"I-I just want to go home..." I mumbled trying to hold back tears. I had to be at miss Eleanor's funeral or make one for her. I have to see how the village is coping.

"Well there is a way to go home..." my head shot up and looked at him. I guess I didn't realize the tears falling down my face as he gave me a tissue. I wanted to say something but my lips wouldn't move as I gently took the tissue.

"If you go back to your room, we're going to keep you here for a few days and help you recover your strength. So you can go back in tip top shape! But there's some thing really exciting we want to show you first!" He seemed to bubble with excitement.

He crawled out of the cabinet door in front of him then opened my door and reached his hand out to me.

"Come on! It will be fun!" He smiled. I timidity reached my hand out and grabbed his hand.
"Ok..." I whispered. He doesn't seem like an enemy... He pulled me out and kept a loose hold on my hand as we walked back to the room.

We made it back and I saw a tall woman with long green hair, "Good! You found her. Thanks Pit!"

"No problem Lady Palutena!" He lead me into the room and set me down on the bed.

"Alright," Palutena clapped her hands together and gave me a bag, "try these on. They should fit."

I stood up and walked to the closet and changed in there. It took me a second but I eventually figured out how to put them on.

I had on a black skin tight romper with a breathable, loose cloth. It was a light   (s/f/c -second favorite color) color that wrapped around over my chest and right shoulder. It was held in place with a nice belt and the excess cloth was like half a skirt. I got brown sandals that went halfway up my shin and a garter that was placed near the middle of my right thigh. I also got two large wood like brackets with gold trims on each end; the (left/right) one having a flexible black glove that went over my palm and in between my index and middle finger. I clipped on a bright (f/c) gem to hold the cloth on my shoulder and put the a small white scarf around my neck. I then tied my (h/l) hair (if it's long enough) into a ponytail.
Done!

I opened the door and stepped out, "I'm done." I smile a bit from the look of the new clothes. They fit very well but... why do I have to wear this?

"You look great!" Pit gave me a thumbs up making my smile grow.

"Wonderful! Now you won't stand out so much as you are still a human and not an angel. Well at the moment. But that's about to change!"

what?

"C-Can I ask why? I still don't know what's going on." I grew nervous again. Palutena paused and began to think for a moment.

"Hmm... I'm not to sure how to word this. How about I explain after we put the laurel on?" She grinned at me, "Ok..." I said even more confused.

"Now this may have a reaction on you. Fair warning, when I put this on, put most of your weight forwards." She walked over and put a golden laurel over my head.

She placed it down on my head and for a moment... nothing happened.

"I guess it was nothing- woah!" I yelled as two large masses basically exploded out of my back. My tattoo was gone.

I spun around trying to get a better look at my back, "My tattoo... what was that?!" I looked up at Palutena.

"Let's just say... your tattoo has magic from the gods. A blessing. You were made by them and this laurel set off a reaction to make your blessing really show."

"Woah..." I began to fall backwards, "How do I balance?!" Pit thankfully came to the rescue and caught me and helped me up, "and why are my wings so much bigger than Pits? No offense..."

"None taken!" He laughed.

"Your wings are what we gods call 'authentic wings'; real wings." Palutena looked proud for some reason.

"Does pit have real wings?" I looked over to his wings.

"No. That's why they lack in size. He has 'artificial wings'. I have to use my power to help him fly or else his wings burn up." So much information that I just couldn't process all at once. I rubbed my temples trying to ease my mind.

"But! I'm not the only one that can help him! You can to." The green haired goddess continued, "How? I'm not a god! Is what your probably thinking but you have real fight power though. He gains the power of flight when you make physical contact with him like holding his hand."

"Interesting..." I tried to imagine how that worked but couldn't, "so I can fly now? Like a bird?" I felt almost dizzy. I tried to open the new wings but they were so heavy I could barely stand straight.

"Pit And I will leave you alone now. Try doing some exercises to help you get accustomed to your wings!" She pushed Pit out of the room and closed the door.

I stood there holding on to the desk trying not to fall backwards, "Alright... looks like I'll need some adjusting. But... what do I do to train exactly?"