A Vampire Nest: 2013

Apologies for not finishing this sooner. If one positive thing has come from corona it's that I finally have time to finish projects that I had almost completely forgotten about. So, without further ado...

"Hey, it's just a vampire nest... Full of blood sucking, murderous vampires... 'Vampires'..." Tony shakes his head, still in disbelief as he checks on his suit and other gadgets on his tablet.

"You got a bad feeling about this?" Steve looks over Tony's shoulder.

"You don't?"

"Of course I do. But that's me." Steve shrugs.

Tony sighs, putting the tablet down. "The Chitauri - aliens from another planet trying to kill all of humanity - I could deal with that. I didn't know anything about them, but neither did anyone else. No one had ever seen them before."

Steve nods for Tony to continue.

"How has all this been happening... for literal centuries, and we didn't know a thing about it?"

"I guess hunting must be membership only."

"Nat and Fury? They never thought to tell us?" Tony turns to face Steve.

"I think that was personal, not business. From what Nat said, her and Fury hadn't heard from the brothers in years anyway. Plus, I don't think they needed our help until now." Steve tries to reason.

"Hey, you guys ready?" Sam pokes his head round the door from the living room. "Romanoff and Barton are approaching HR HQ."

"HR HQ?" Tony frowns.

"Hell Raiser Headquarters." Steve smirks, surprised he got there first. "Let's go."

The three join the others in the living room, everyone seemingly huddled round Bruce sat at a laptop.

"How we doing?" Sam leans over to look at the video on the screen.

"They're approaching the base, not long until show time." Bruce remains concentrating on the video from Natasha and Clint's concealed bodycams. They drive a vehicle down an old dirt road, it's almost completely dark.

"Someone remind me of the plan again?" Dean watches nervously.

"Clint drives Natasha into the base. Natasha continues to be Jennifer Holt, Clint is her bodyguard. She requests a meeting with her usual contact for weapons, the Boss. They'll signal the reaction when the Hell Raisers see she isn't dead." Castiel relays the plan.

**

"What's this all for, again?" Clint looks at Natasha. He wears an all black outfit, not something unusual for him, Natasha wears a pant suit, ready for the meeting as Jennifer Holt, the widowed mob boss.

"We need to know if killing me was personal to Tekin... and Devin too. And if they were just after me, or the whole of SHIELD. Once we know, the others can come straight in and help finish this."

"And no guns... Because?"

"They have a no gun policy. They'll scan us once we're inside before we can have the meeting."

"Hold up... We're here." Clint started to slow the van down as they approached a barrier in the centre of a towering mass of barbed wire fence. "You guys copy?"

"Loud and clear." Tony replied through the coms.

Armed guards approached the van as it stopped, shining torches in through the windows. Natasha rolled down her window and looked sternly at the guard shining the torch in her face. Upon recognising her, the guard quickly lowered his torch.

"Uh... Miss Holt?" The guard looked both confused and terrified. He looked over to the other guard on Clint's side of the car.

Natasha held her expression and didn't reply, waiting for the guard to crumble.

"We'll uh... We will let Mr Buhar know that you are here." He stepped away from the van and nodded over to the control box on the barrier for them to let the van through.

Clint nodded to the other guard as he slowly pulled away through the open barrier into the compound.

**

The group stay stood around the laptop.

"She's ballsy." Steve chuckles.

"Always has been." Sam shakes his head, knowing the trouble that it's gotten them all into in the past.

"I can hear you." Natasha quips through the coms, her voice crackles as the connection becomes worse.

"We might be losing you, Nat. Do you copy?" Bruce taps a few keys on the keyboard.

A phone rings, Dean steps away from the group and pulls his cell out of his pocket. "Yo, Vinnie. What's good? I'm a bit busy at the moment."

"Dean? Are you out of the country? The connection said I was making an international call?"

"Yeah, we uh... we're on vacation. You get my message earlier?" Dean attracted Sam's attention and he put the call on speaker.

"Look. I asked around like you said..."

Sam could sense Vinnie holding off. "And? What did you hear?"

"Story is... There's a foreign nest obsessively interested in that "SHIELD" company. You know those jackasses and super-mutant guys that dealt with New York?.. Very badly might I add."

Sam and Dean looked at each other, and then at the group of faces behind them staring at them. Dean took the phone back over to the group.

"Apparently... Now don't hold me to this... This nest are some radical group set on turning some of the Avengers into their own."

"Shit." Bruce turned around to the laptop and started typing frantically to try and regain contact with the others.

Tony walked over and took the phone from Dean. "Hey. Do you know where this 'nest' is based?"

"Hold on... Is that... Dean, you're with Ironman?" Vinnie sidetracked.

Dean took the phone back. "Vinnie! Where are they based?"

"Jesus Christ, Dean. They're all the way in Turkey. Chill out."

Dean's eyes widened and he ended the call. "Get them out. Now." He turned to Bruce.

"I... I can't reach them."

They all stopped and watched the video with no sound. The van pulled to a halt outside a big building. Then -

Nothing. The screen cuts to black.

"Bruce?" Tony watches his typing furiously.

"We lost 'em."

**

Natasha steps out of the car, Clint joins her. They look up to the top of the stairs in front of them, a man waits for them.

They ascend the steps, armed guards joining them, almost making sure they don't change their minds and turn back.

They meet the man, Natasha stops directly in front of him. "Mr Buhar."

"Miss Holt." He smiles, taking her hand in his and slowly bringing it to his lips. He kisses it and looks back to her face. "What a pleasant surprise."