Specter: 2013

Shout out to beanholly, she has a super addictive Marvel book in progress at the moment and I'm glued! Go check it out:)

Two months after Natasha returns to SHIELD...

*bzzzzzzz......bzzzzzzz......bzzzzzzz.......bzzzzzz*

Nick brought his hand down hard onto the table, shaking Natasha from whatever distant thought she was focused on. "Please answer your damn phone." He retorted through clenched teeth.

"Shit, uh... Sorry." She lifted her cell from the table they were working at and saw Sam's name lighting up the screen. She sighed as she stared further into it. What the hell could they want?

"Answer it before I shoot it out of your God damn hand." Nick continued to grit his teeth.

Natasha rolled her eyes and stood from her chair, accepting the call as she left the room. "Hey. What's up?" She closed the door behind her.

"I need your help with something." Sam sounded panicked.

"Aren't you the ones who owe me-"

"It's urgent." He interrupts.

"Where are you? What's happening?" Natasha began to worry internally.

"Missouri. Remember that Specter we stopped at the end of last year? It was literally just before you left."

She took her mind back to the case Sam was referring to. "Yeah, how could I forget? Dean wouldn't let up about that dude Garth taking your dead friend's hat." She made eye contact with Nick who was watching her tentatively through the glass windows.

"We seem to have a very similar problem that we could do with you helping us out with. We can't get hold of Garth right now."

"Where's Dean? Cas?"

"Dean's here... Cas is... He's MIA again. He'll probably be back soon though." Sam revealed. "He's a busy guy."

"Okay. I'm on a time sensitive job right now but I can get down there tonight. I'll only be around for a couple days though so this can't take long."

"That's fine, yeah. We owe you one."

"It's two now actually. I'm counting." She said, serious as ever.

"I guessed you were. I'll send you the address, don't bring anything excessive, we've got what we need down here already - we just need an extra set of hands." Sam didn't want her to turn up with a load of guns, they were pretty useless in this situation.

"Any particular reason you need me?" She queried.

"You were here last time... And I trust you."

Natasha had merely helped to stop one of the possessed from getting 'payback', she hadn't done anything overly impressive. This made her slightly sceptical.

"Seems legit, thanks. I'll see you there." She hung up the phone and pushed the door back into the office.

"You don't plan on leaving the party early do you?" Nick gestured to the numerous files and hard drives scattered across the table. "We're only just getting started, and I'd hate for you to miss out." He added sarcastically.