Enter Patchy the Pirate: 2013

Sam had been the one to ride Natasha's bike back to the hotel, being a lot slower and more cautious than she had earlier in the day. Dean drove the Impala with Natasha sprawled across the back seats; her eyes were closed but Dean couldn't tell whether she was actually asleep or whether she was deep in thought, an intensely pained expression on her face.

Sam and Dean were having a conversation outside of the car about what to do next. "Should we take her to a hospital?" Dean asked, watching Natasha's laboured breathing through the open back window. "She really doesn't look good..."

Sam considered their options. "Maybe we call out a doctor? I know she has a thing against hosp-"

"No." They heard from the assassin who had propped herself awkwardly against the far window, both men turning to see what she had to say. "No hospital, no doctors." She stopped to wheeze awkwardly, her eyes still closed. "I just need rest, I'll be fine."

"Well you're not leaving til we know you're going to be okay." Dean instructed.

"Okay." She replied, too weak to argue.

Dean was surprised at her compliance and turned to give Sam a concerned look, which he returned. They both stood awkwardly for a moment before Sam broke the silence.

"Let's get her inside, it's getting dark." He moved to the other side of the car and Dean followed. Dean opened the door while Sam stopped Natasha falling out on to the floor where she had been leant against it. She swung her legs out of the side of the car as if they weighed a tonne, her eyes still shut, and allowed the brothers to take an arm each.

They lifted her out of the car, she was still in an obviously bad way and seemed to be drifting in and out of consciousness as she made no attempt to support her own body weight, her bare feet scraping along the dirt. Dean gave a sigh before picking her legs up with his free arm and taking her from Sam, nodding for him to go and open the front door so he could take her through to their room.

Once inside he took her straight to the bed and propped her against the headboard, she seemed to come around momentarily and opened her eyes slightly in a confused state. She didn't move them, just looked directly forward toward her feet. Her chest was still rising and falling at an irregular rate and her eyes were glassy.

"Where are my shoes?" She asked, confused at the sight of her toes. She closed her eyes again as she waited for an answer.

"We, uh... We had to take them off to get rid of the polish... We had to burn them..." Sam replied.

"Shame." She said, moving awkwardly down the bed so that her head was on the pillow, and turning on to her side so that she wasn't facing the brothers. "I liked those shoes." She let a tear slide down her face as she tried to block out all the intrusive thoughts that were plaguing her mind.

Sam blinked back his own tears, sensing how distraught his friend was. Dean decided to take lead on the situation. "Sammy there's still polish and acetone all over her clothes... We need to burn them, make sure she doesn't have any on her legs still... We can let her sleep for a bit but if she's not better by tomorrow, we need to try and get a hold of Fury."

He was waiting for an objection from the assassin but there was nothing, she was already asleep. Sam nodded and went over to the other bed, pulling out Natasha's bag from underneath. He opened it and swiftly pulled out a pair of black sweatpants and a black hoodie, putting them on the bed before replacing the bag back where it had been.