Vamp In The Bathroom: 2013

Natasha stands in the toilet stall, pacing on the spot. She hears the toilet flush next to her and the door open, followed by the sink and the bathroom door.

She takes her boot off, opening up the compartment and taking out the pager. She studies it for a moment, and then hears the door open again.

"You're taking an awfully long time." Devin shouts, a hint of anger in his voice.

"I'm almost done." She calls back. She hits the only button on the pager, puts it back inside her shoe and flushes the toilet. She puts her boot back on and opens the stall door.

Devin stands, leaning on the sinks casually. He looks up when he sees her.

"I don't think you're meant to be in here." She makes her way over and starts washing her hands.

"And you? Are you meant to be in here?"

She frowns. "What do you mean?"

" I can hear your heart beat. It's much stronger, much slower than any other heart beat I've heard."

"What are you suggesting? I'm not human?" Natasha pulls paper towels from the holder.

"Not a regular human." Devin takes a step closer. "You forget I can sense everything... When you told me your name. When you said you were a hunter."

"I never said that."

"When you said you needed the bathroom."

Devin takes another step closer, causing Natasha to have to step back.

"Why did you lie?"

"I didn't." Her eyes widen.

"LIAR!" Devin slams his hands down on a sink, pulling it out of the wall. He looks back to Natasha.

"You might be able to fool these idiots but I can here your heart beat." He takes a step closer. She backs away. "I can hear you breathing." He steps closer. She steps back, now against the wall.

He leans in closer and whispers. "I can smell your fear."

"Sir, what are you doing?" A waitress stands at the door and looks between the pair and the sink on the floor, water spurting out of the pipe.

"Leave us alone." He says calmly, not turning away from Natasha.

"Sir. This is the women's bathroom. You need to leave."

Devin takes a deep breath, digging his nails into the wall next to Natasha's head.

"Leave. Us. Alone." Devin struggles to keep calm.

"I'm going to call the police if you don't get out."

Devin loses his cool. He shouts in anger as he moves over and picks up the sink from the floor and throws it against the wall next to the door, inches from the waitress.

"GET OUT!" He screams, his fangs dropping down and his eyes wide.

The waitress looks shocked, and steps out, allowing the door to close.

Devin turns back and Natasha is gone. He moves over to the end stall and rips the door off of its hinges. Empty.

"Natalie, where did you go?" He laughs maniacally.

He rips the next one off. "Come out, come out where ever you are." Empty.

He rips the last one off. Empty. He looks confused.

Before he can react, Natasha appears from behind him and hits him over the head with a fire extinguisher. She ducks down as he lashes out with his claws. She swings her legs round and takes his legs out from underneath him, flooring him.

She backs away, watching as he gets up quickly, virtually unscathed.

She retrieves the knife from her boot, holding it to her side as he regains his composure. He turns round to face her, a grin on his face.

"Why couldn't we have done this earlier?" He laughs. "I knew you weren't normal."

Natasha doesn't react. Devin retracts his fangs.

"I toy with humans, I like to see how they react before I kill them. I don't drink from them, I think of it as a sport. I don't like to play with my food."

Devin moves over to a sink, leaning on the basin.

"When they find out I'm a vampire... Normally that's where the fun stops, but you... You've been especially entertaining... I even gave you the option to live longer. If only you'd told the truth."

He rips the sink off and throws it at one of the toilets. He looks back at Natasha.

"Shame."

He makes his way toward Natasha lunging his fist at her torso. She swerved the punch, his fist impacting the wall. She drives the knife into his neck, pulling down hard and then pulling it out and stepping away.

He puts his hand up, feeling the blood. He turns again to see her holding the bloody knife.

"You know, if any of that gets into your blood stream." He nods to the knife. "You end up like me."

Natasha glances at the knife, she moves a foot backward, in the direction of the door.

"Ah ah ah." Devin whooshes quickly past Natasha, standing in the way of the door. "Keep this between you and me, okay?"

She turns quickly, but not quick enough as Devin kicks her in the back, sending her into the wall on the other side of the bathroom.

She drops the knife on impact and falls to the ground. She struggles to get to her hands and knees, looking at Devin who is still stood by the door.

"I'll make you a deal." He smiles. "Leave the knife, make it hand to hand combat. Then I won't turn you into me."

"Why would I do that?" She gets to her feet, leaning against the wall.

"Because. I said so." He moves quickly again, standing directly in front of her. "Unless that's what you want."

He moves back to where he was in front of the door in a flash. He raises his hands. "Well? What's your decision?"

Natasha looks down at her boot, seeing that her lace is untied.

She looks up to Devin and he nods. She kneels down and begins tying her lace, looking at the reflection in her watch to keep eyes on Devin.

She quickly stands and points a gun at Devin, the one she had holstered at her ankle. He smirks.

"You really think that's gonna-"

She shoots twice, hitting him once in the heart and once in the centre of the forehead.

Devin sighs.

"I tried to warn you." He looks down at his chest and feels the wound on his forehead. "That's not gonna help either of us."

Screams are heard from the bar area.

"And look." Devin scoffs. "You've upset the other customers."

Natasha shoots again, hitting Devin in the eye.

He puts his hand up to his eye, turning away from her for a moment. She stands ready for him to turn back around.

When he does, she doesn't flinch at the gory sight of his destroyed eye socket.

"No worries, I can heal that. But to make it more equal, I'll leave it for now." He rolls his shoulders, readying himself to move. "Let's go."

Natasha throws the gun to the ground, finally recognising and remembering how useless it would be against a vampire. She returned to raising her fists.

"Come on then, let's go."