Chapter 31 - Bloodline

Katrina smiled in delight of seeing him again. She said "Jorge. Come in."

He entered and didn't greet his dad who was sitting in the dining table on the kitchen from the left side of their living room. He went straight to the sofa and sat.

He continued smoking. Julian went to the living room to check who the visitor was. He saw it was Jack. Katrina stood beside Julian. They weren't able to say anything.

Jack noticed them staring so he looked at them, gesturing his hands to present himself and said "Tell me about it. I'm here now?"

Katrina said "Could you not smoke inside?"

"Why? Sniffing one disgusts you? Don't worry it won't kill you in an instant. I won't stay for long."

Julian couldn't take the sight of him being so disrespectful. He said "Have some respect and throw your cigarette."

Jack just smiled and pressed the lit end of the cigarette directly on the living room table like it was an ashtray. He said unregretfully, "Sorry."

Julian had been trying to control his temper. He was degraded by how he acted in front of them, inside their house.

Katrina said "I'm glad you decided to take a visit."

"I think we all know why I'm here. I'm entitled to the answers... I'm entitled to the truth."

"How about we talk about it after we ate dinner?"

"Please don't make me stay here for too long. I can no longer endure this crowded place."

Julian angrily said, "Alright! That's it! Why don't you bring your spunk elsewhere?! You thought you could speak like that to your mother inside our house?! "

Katrina tried to calm him down. She was brushing her hand against his chest while saying "Julian, I need you to calm down. This is not the right time for that. We all need this."

Jack stood up and went closer to his father. He said "No, say it! Say what you think of the word respect in front of me."

Jack and Julian clashed. They were surely incompatible.

Katrina felt the tension building up so she stood between them tried to stop them. They are most likely to hurt each other by their pent up hatred.

"Stop! Jorge! Get back to your seat!"

Jack pointed his hand at her stomach and said "You could've just got rid of me when you had a chance!" He glared at her. "But now I'm here. So you have to bear with my presence whether you like it or not... Got it?"

 Got it?"