Chapter 23

Mystery pov

"You let her escape!" I roar. The men whimpered like sniveling cowards.

"N-no... Yes... We had to fight off those Alpha's. We barely made it out alive!" I snapped his head clean off his body.

"Get back out there, and fucking find her!" They look at each other, and I race round, decapitating all of them.

I call for the guards to clean this up "looks like I'll have to get her myself" I snarl....

Eve's pov

I felt something softly stroke my hair, and them my cheek. I stayed how I would if I was sleeping.

I shut my brain off, kept my breathing low, and eyes shut. I felt something soft touch the top of my head, then the mattress rising as someone got out.

Peaking my eyes open a tiny bit, I see Calex going to the bathroom with some clothes.

He shut the door, and half an hour later, it opened. I closed my eyes, and heard shuffling.

He came over, and pressed his lips to my cheek "sleep well baby" he walked away, shutting the door quietly.

I sit up, and touch where he kissed me, and sigh. I know I said I would stay with him, and I will.... But for now, I need to keep away, and from the others.

I get up, and look out the window, only to see a garden! I want to see it!

I quietly leave the room, and sneak around the house, looking for the back door.

I hear footsteps, and see a figure in the kitchen. Jax. He was grabbing fruit, and a drink.

As he was coming, I hid behind the ledge. He passed, and I go, and slide through the door.

When I see the outside, I couldn't help but gasp. It was massive! It had grass spreading far, an arch just a few places ahead of a trellis, and vine flowers.

I walk through it, and see a water fountain in the middle. It was round, with a big space so you can sit around it.

In the center were dolphins made of stone spitting the water out. The crystal water flowing free around the piece.

I move on, wondering through the flowers, colours beyond your imagination.

They smelt wonderful. This is my favorite part of the house so far.

I see a green house, and smile, I can go there! As I get closer, I see Kade coming out.

I back up, and run to the house. I wonder aimlessly, until I see a library!

Heading in, I see bookshelves everywhere, with winding trails. The shelves were made of oak, the shade of fresh Coco.

I trail my hand over the shiny surfaces. I hear multiple voices enter, and knew it was Kade and Jax.

I scurry as quietly as possible, and out the thankfully second door.

I sneak around the house, and up to the room. I slide in, face away from the door, and go back to operation, sleep mode.

The door opened softly, a d voices were heard. "Eve?" That was Kade. "Princess?".

I heard footsteps, then someone touch me. It wasn't tingles, so it was Kade.

"You awake munchkin?" He whispers softly. I didn't respond, and he sighs, kissing my cheek, and draping the quickly over me more.

"She's still sleeping. She must be exhausted after yesterday" Kade whispers to his brother.

"Let's let her sleep, we can chat to her tomorrow" they quietly leave, and I was left alone.

Before I really did fall asleep, I felt the tears slowly drip down my cheek...