Chapter 2

Eve's pov

Screaming, I shoot awake, groaning as my body aches. I cough, as I make my way to the bathroom.

I need the mirror! I shouldn't have survived, I should be dead. It could have killed me. Why didn't it kill me?!

I look in the mirror, my clothes now changed into my fluffy jumper, and joggers.

Where are my clothes?!

How did I even get home?

I strip off my jumper, so I'm only in my black bra. Tears come to my eyes, as I see healing injuries.

I had puncture wounds on my arms, and chest. Gashes, and claw marks on my sides and stomach.

But it looks as if they are healing, and nearly scarring. However, what caught my attention, was the two puncture marks on my neck, they looked like they have healed, and left a small scar.

I grab my phone, and bag. I change into some black leggings, with a purple top with long sleeves.

I drop Kai a text, to meet me at college, and then I hurry over there...

When I got there, I see him waiting for me. He smiles, and embraces me for a hug, causing me to groan.

"Hey, you ok? You don't look so good" he states in a worried tone. I shiver, as I look at him.

His fluffy brunette hair turning a chestnut shade in the golden suns glow. His brown eyes looking at me with concern.

"I-it's c-cold... Earlier...so hot" I groan. "you might be coming down with a fever, or a bug" he wonders as he takes his coat off.

I say thank you, and he nods. He sits us down on a nearby bench, and looks at me "what's wrong?".

"L-last night. On the way home.... Something attacked me" I whisper, tears coming to my eyes.

"Shit, are you ok? Did they take anything? What happened?" I shake my head "it wasn't a person... Well it was, but it wasn't... I don't know what it was!" I exclaim in fright.

"What do you mean?" He asks in confusion "it was an animal, and a man, it attacked me. There were two I think. Now I feel sick...".

I showed him my neck "there's nothing there" he states. My eyes widen "it bit me! And scratched me! It was like a wolf, but also had human parts!".

I get up, and drag him to the nearest bathroom. I take off the jacket, feeling really hot again, then I strip off my top, showing him the marks.

"I think you were having a nightmare. There's nothing there" I look in the mirror, in total shock, nothing was there!

"I swear! It was a wolf human thing! Not a hairy man you see and read in books. It had a wolf head, digi-grade animal legs. Man arms, and torso! It attacked me!".

"Your tired, let's get you home, ok?" I slowly nod, and whisper "I promise... I'm not making it up. It happened, that's why I didn't text you".

He didn't say anything at all, we walked home in silence...

When we got back, we sat on the couch, he got me ice cause I was burning up. Then he got blankets because I was cold.

"Your just sick munchkin, I'm going to go and make a hot coco, you get some rest, ok?" All I could do, was nod.

He got up, and I laid down, slowly drifting off to sleep, the thoughts simmering to the back of my mind for now...

When I woke up, I was in Kai's arms. I smile, and wrap my arms around him.

"Go back to sleep" he mumbles "I'm wide awake now... And sorry, the hot Coco's probably cold".

He sighs "it's fine, please go to sleep" I giggle "nope, I'm up, you can sleep though".

"Please..." He whispers. I was confused, so I lay beside him again. "What's wrong?".

"Go to sleep for another twenty minutes munchkin, please" I shake my head, and he wouldn't make eye contact.

"I won't, not until you tell me what's wrong". He shakes his head, then suddenly there's a knock on the door.

He gets up, and answers it, I listen "is she here?" I heard him say yes.

I watched as four men in white came, and Kai stood to the side "um, what's going on? Who are you? Kai?".

"Are you Eve Star?" I nod my head "yes, how can I help you?". The man in front says "come with us, please".

"Um, what for?" I ask, nervous "we are going to help you, get you better. Your friend is worried about you" I look at Kai, in confusion.

"Who are you?" I question "we are from the institution that helps people who find it hard to cope mentally, and physically-" I didn't let them carry on.

"Sorry, I think you're mistaken. I'm fine, just the lack of sleep", they look at each other, then at me

"Still, we think it's best if you came with us" I shake my head "I want you to leave, or I will call the cops".

"They will be of no use. Now, come with us, make this easy for yourself". I shake my head no.

They lunge at me, and I try to run, I won't be able to fend them off for long, just dodge them, so I can reach the exit.

One grabbed me, so I pushed at him, sending him flying. How did I do that?! I was close to the door, and Kai stepped in the way.

"Help me, Kai, please. I don't understand-" then it dawned on me. I look up at him with watery eyes.

His arms wrapped around me, as he held me in place "Kai..." I felt a small prick in my neck, then it started going numb.

I groan as my body stopped working from top to bottom, growing numb.

"I'm sorry" he whispers "why?" I softly question, tears in my eyes as it all went black, as I sagged in his embrace....