Chapter 21

Eve's pov

When I woke up, I felt heat, and lots of it. I smiled, and snuggled into it more.

I heard a groan, and purring. I open my eyes, and see Calex. He was fast asleep. He looked so calm, and peaceful.

I smile, and his arms wrap around me more, bringing me to his chest. I rest my cheek against him, my hand resting on there as well.

"Go back to sleep" his voice entered my mind. I look up under my lashes, and see his eyes on me.

I smile "I'll try... And good morning" I whispers. He nods "morning".

"Are you ok?" I ask. He nods, resting his head on mine, and I place my arms around his arm, and he groans.

"You sure your ok?" I question "I love your touch" he growls seductively in my ear. I blush, and hide my face.

"Bathroom" was all he said, he gently removed me from him, and got up.

When I look where he was laid moments ago, I gasp. There was a small patch of blood on the sheets near the pillow.

"Guys!" I call out. Suddenly, everyone came rushing to me "what's wrong? Are you hurt?" I shake my head, and point where the blood is.

"C-Calex? Are y-you hurt?" I ask sad, and reaching for him. "Calex-" Jax starts, but was cut off.

"I'm fine" he growls at the boys. He looks at me, and wraps his arms instinctively around me "nothing's wrong with me" he links me.

"B-but the blood?" I question. Jax was going to say something, but Calex beats him to it.

"It must have been from when we carried you to the room, to fix you up. We forgot to clean this bit".

I nod, and sigh in relief "ok, that's fine". He strokes my hair softly, and I was relaxing again.

Soon enough, I was doing off again...

When I woke up, I saw the night sky, slowly turning to day. I slept for an entire day?!

I see Calex beside me, and I smile. As long as he's ok. I snuggle into his side, and as sleep came over again, I felt something soft touch my head....

My eyes shoot open, and I felt something moving beside me. I look to see Calex panting.

"Calex?" He was sleeping, but he was panting. "Calex! Wake up!" I sob. His eyes fly open, mostly gold, with a little green now.

"E-Eve? Get b-back!" He growls. I shake my head, no "what's wrong?" I cry. He was shaking, sweat dripping from the corner of his face.

"Your in so much pain, how can I help you?" I cry "t-this... Is nothing... Compared to... I-if I l-lose y-you" he growls.

He was being a tough guy, and being brave. "Stop being sweet" he smirks, and groans.

"How long have you been feeling like this?" I question "I'm fine" he coughs out.

"How long?" I growl "three days" I sob, and look around. I run to the bathroom, and grab a cold damp cloth.

I run back to him, wiping his face. "Jax! Kade! Help!" I cry out as Calex's body was shaking uncontrollably.

The door burst open, and they see us. "shit, he can't keep this up" Jax growls. He, and Kade lift Calex, and bring him downstairs.

"What's wrong with him?" I cry out "he was bitten by a vampire. Their venom is bad to us. The weaker the wolf, the quicker it spreads. The stronger, the slower it spreads" I nod, and look at him.

"We need to clean his wound, and take it from there" he was sweating, so I wipe his face "it's ok, you will make it".

"Eve... Come back" he calls out in a mere whisper. "I'm right here... I'm not going anywhere" I lean down, and kiss his cheek.

He growls, his mouth opening, showing his canines, eyes fighting to stay gold, then the mix.

What can I do to help him? I can't lose him....