Chapter 17

Eve's pov

I had followed him, and managed to get into the woods. Where is he now?

"Has anyone ever told you not to follow strangers into the wood" a low voice questions from behind me.

"Kade, what are you doi-" I say turning around, only to see a man I didn't know.

"W-who, are you? Where's my friend?" I hear a howl in the distance, and my eyes widen.

I growl instinctively, and I felt my gums go numb, am I turning?

I felt them cut into my lip, and I snarl "leave me alone" I warn. He laughs.

I swing, but he countered it, and sent me flying. I hit the floor, groaning.

I weakly climb to my feet, leaning against the tree "I'll... Get Jax..." I whisper to myself. He managed to hear me though.

"That fool won't reach you in time darling" he ran his hand through his corn blonde locks that was in a fluffy mop.

I gather my energy, and run for it, using whatever speed I had in my body.

I managed to make it a short distance, until he shot in front of me, and pinned me to the tree with a thump.

I yelp, and he strokes my cheek with his thumb as I struggle "shh, relax" he turned my neck, and my struggles were useless.

He chuckled, and sank his teeth in, hand clamping over my mouth to muffle my screams and plea of help.

Slowly, all my energy drained, and he held me up as my vision turned black....

Jax's pov

I made it to the seen, and see a body on the floor "what happened?" I growl, inspecting the deceased.

Holes, neck injury, pale, drained.

"Vampire, Alpha. They attacked us, and did this, one had separated from them moments before we fought" I nod, and growl.

It was a distraction. "Kaden, where are you?". I look at the men "Take him to the infirmary". They bow, and go.

I look for Kaden "I'm in the woods, got a vampire" I nod, and manage to find him.

"What happened?" I ask, making sure he was ok. Nudging the dead fucker on the floor.

"I was going to hang out with Eve, I called her down. Then I caught him lurking. So I took him down".

Shit! I forgot to tell him she was sick!

Without a second thought, I race to my house, and into my room. "Eve?" I call out, she weren't there. I check my bathroom, not there.

I search the house top to bottom, nothing "the woods" Kaden said, and we rush in that direction.

I sniff, finding her scent. I follow, and stop by a tree. Now, all I smell is that bastard vampire!

I look at the tree, and my body froze. No...

"Jax, have you found anything? I can't find anything here, just it's scent" I was frozen still.

"What's wrong? You find something" I started shaking as I kept staring. If she's hurt, I'm going to kill every single one of them.

"We need to find her, now!" I roar, and there is one person who can do that.

All I can see, is red on the tree in my vision. Her blood.

I need to get to her before it's to late...