Chapter 15: I Can't Sleep

Previously on Chapter 15

"Soooo......do your vocal cords work?" Clint asks earning a slap to the back of his head from Natasha.

"Yeah, I'm fine she didn't hurt me or anything," Pepper says taking a seat.

"Okay..... so why did you think it was a good idea to try and fight a Goddess none of the Avengers could defeat," Bucky says raising an eyebrow.

"I have work to do. I can't sit around and gossip." Pepper said grabbing her cup of tea and leaving.

"Sour puss," Clint whispers loud enough for the team to hear.

Chapter 15

Nobodies P.O.V

Melody laid in her bed surrounded by fluffy pillows and blankets dreaming of different Greek and Roman demigods around the world.

Somewhere in need of assistance and somewhere following her example and sleeping the night away.

Well, that's what she was trying to do.

Her domains were calling out to her causing her to wake up with an annoyed huff.

"There has to be an off button to all these calls." She grumbled climbing out of bed and walking to the kitchen.

Melody was so busy sending blessing and guidance for those who needed it she didn't even notice Bucky leaning against the counter drinking hot chocolate out of his mug.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked causing the Goddess to jump almost ten feet in the air.

"Gods Barnes.... Don't....Don't do that." She says placing a hand over her chest to calm down her breathing.

"I'm sorry." He says with a small chuckle. "I didn't mean to scare you doll."

Melody felt like she was ready to melt. The way the word doll just rolled off his tongue had her weak in the knees.

"To answer your question I can't sleep. Well, I can I just can't stay asleep. All the different prayers asking for my help if kind of frustrating." She explains before getting herself a glass of water.

"What are you the Goddess of again?" Bucky asked.

"I'm the Goddess of Demigods, Rage, Tides, power, and leverage."

"That seems like a lot of responsibility for a new goddess."

"You have no idea!" Melody groans. "But I guess it helps that I could be in more than one place at a time."

"Are you all here now or are you somewhere else too?" Bucky asked.

"I'm in three different places right now. I'm here standing with you but one of me is helping a little girl get to Camp Half-Blood and the other me is sitting at a cafe in France eating a croissant and dam does it taste good."

"That's so cool. Freaky and foreign but cool."

"Thank you." She says before awkwardly clearing her throat. "Do you know when the kids coming back?"

"What kid?"

"Peter you know the Spider kid."

"Why would you be looking for Peter?" Bucky asks growing suspicious.

Melody looks like Bucky up-and-down debating with herself on this she really wanted to share this information with him.

One of the most important things in a relationship is trust I guess you got to start somewhere.

"I've been getting these... feeling from the boy. I just think it needs to be addressed sooner than later."

"What kind of feelings?" Bucky asks "I mean if you don't mind elaborating."

"He's a powerful kid he just doesn't know it yet," Melody says winking before walking backward. "It was nice talking to you, Sergeant Barnes."

"Good night."

Melody wasn't tired she just didn't want to talk anymore.

She didn't want to give to much away without actually being sure if her theory was right.

Just one touch that's all she needed to be completely sure.

That is Melody in her pj's above.

Hey, people's it's July 2nd my birthday so I decided to try and update everything today.

Hope you enjoy.