Chapter 20: Leather Bracelet

Previously on Meant to be:

"I'm Hephaestus your father." The God said before giving his son a once over with a proud smile. "You've grown to be a great person and an amazing Spider-Boy."

Peter was so happy he didn't even both correcting his father about his superhero name, it isn't important at least not now.

"Thanks, dad." The word feeling foreign on his tongue.

"No problem now come we have a lot of catching up to do before Zeus realizes I'm gone and calls me back to Olympus."

"How long do you think you have? I have so many questions I'd like to ask... like how you met my mom? How come I'm just now finding out about camp half-blood when I live in New York? Will I see you again after this?"

"Whoa kid slow down," Hephaestus said cutting off Peter's rambling. "I can only answer one question at a time."

"Okay um... Can you tell me about my mom like how did you meet her?"

"Mary Parker was an extraordinary woman Peter. She was the daughter of an O.S.S (Office of Strategic Services) agent named Will Fitzpatrick. She followed in her father's footsteps and become an agent and even though she was apart of the CIA she could build damn near anything." Hephaestus said with a small smile. "She caught my attention when she was in a library finding books on laser guns."

"Why was she trying to build a laser gun?"

"Kid I have no idea, on her free time she was always trying to make and invent stuff she just couldn't stop working even on her day off. I guess that was one of the reasons I loved her so much. We got close and then she got pregnant with you. Way too early in my opinion because as soon as she got pregnant with you I couldn't be around as much, but I don't regret you or anything.

"How come I never found out about Camp Half-Blood?" Peter asked next.

"Do you still wear that leather bracelet?"

"Yes...."

"That's why the bracelet blocked your scent the monsters never knew you were there," Hephaestus admitted. "All of my kids besides Leo have a mother and you lost yours way younger than Leo. You were given to your Aunt who has no idea that us gods exist so I put it in Richards stuff knowing she'd find it and give it to you. I tried to give one to Leo but he never stayed in one stop for too long and before his mother passed she told him not to take stuff from strangers so he never excepted it because he didn't know who I was."

"Will I see you again after this?"

"Of course I'm always one prayer away.... not saying that I'll answer every time because sometimes I'm busy doing godly things but when I'm able to answer I try to help any way I can.... whelp that's my cue kid," Hephaestus said before pulling something out of his pocket. "Zeus is calling my back to Olympus but I want you to have this. New and improved web shooters damn near indestructible."

"Thanks, dad."

"No problem kid."

With that Peter was left in Bunker Nine all by himself not that he really minded he was over the moon. Not only did he get to talk to his dad for the first time but he also got new web shooters.

"So how'd it go," Leo asked once Peter left the Bunker.

"Pretty good I got a new pair of web shooters and he answered a few questions for me," Peter said with a wide smile. "He's a pretty cool guy."

"One of the coolest if you ask me and not because he's our father. He's just really laid back and he spends his day's building stuff like me and the rest of our siblings.

"Um, Leo do you know where Melody is? I really need to talk to her."

"She's either at the lake or in her father's cabin #3. I can take you if you want."

"No thanks but thank you anyway," Peter said before running to the lake.

Just like Leo said Melody was at the Lake standing with her feet in the water humming to herself.

"Hey, Melody!" He said taking a seat by the goddess.

"Hey, Peter how was talking to your dad?"

"How do you know my dad was here?"

"I could feel his presence and besides I'm the one who told Leo to take you to him."

"Thank you for that. I liked talking with him, he told me about my mom which I appreciated. Aunt May doesn't like talking about my mom and Richard."

"Richard?"

"My dad.... well I guess my stepdad now," Peter said before remembering the web shooters in his hands. "He also made me these really cool web shooters he said they're almost indestructible! I can't wait to show Tony!"

"Well, I'm happy you got to enjoy the little time you did have with your father."

"Thank you." He said giving Melody a hug, "This wouldn't have been possible without you." 

"I'm the goddess of demigods I will always look out for you." She said kissing the boy's temple. "Now go on the dinner horn is about to blow."

Hey, you guys it's been a while am I right? I know the chapter wasn't long but don't worry because I'm already working on the next one.

Anyway, have a good night/ day!