Chapter 4: Necessary Improvements

Melody P.O.V

We were all eating lunch all like a family does norg Ewing no yelling it was nice until dad had to ruin it.

"We have to go to Olympus." Dad says giving me a sad look.

"What why?" I ask.

"New things have come to light and we need to act on them unlike the times with Gia." He says

"OK when do we go?" I ask.

"After you finish eating." He says staring back at his food as I do the same.

By the way my dad was looking I was beginning to have a really bad feeling about this.

I suddenly got a text and when iooked it was from my mom.

She knew I was with dad and she wouldn't have texted unless it was important.

I open it and I felt myself ball up my fist in frustration.

Melody the avengers have me.
Thor came and warned me that
they would come for me to get you to come out of hiding.
Please don't do anything rash just please help me and don't come alone.
Love Mom

I felt a tear slide down my face this was my fault. I led them to her.

"Melody before you do something rash we must speak to Zeus." Dad says pulling me out my thought.

"So you know?!" I say gesturing to my phone. "And you sit here and do nothing."

"Melody!" Triton says raising his voice at me. "He is our father and king he deserves respect."

"If this is how a king rules then I want no part in the kingdom." I say standing getting ready to swim off to the surface.

"And I'll find my own way to Zeus your assistance won't be needed Oh great king." I continue rolling my eyes.

"Melody wait."

But it was to late I was already gone and soon I was on dry land and for the first time in my life I was happy to be out of my fathers domain.

I Vapor Travel to a dark ally right next to the Empire state building and walk to the front desk.

"Hey I need the key for the 600th floor." I say already knowing what he's going to say next.

"Sorry miss there's no such floor." He says not even looking up from his newspaper. Just rude.

I snatch the paper so he would look at me and his eyes go wide.