Chapter 13: Classified Information

Nobodies P.O.V

Fury stood around a long circular table looking over his team about to tell them the big news.

His big news being the one and only Melody Jackson.

"What are we waiting for?" Clint asks looking around the room.

"Stark." Fury says displaying all his feelings of annoyance.

Stark was known for being 'Fashionably Late.'

A few minutes later the billionaire walked into the room taking a seat at the table putting his feet up like he owned the place.

"If you're going to make us sit here please tell me you brought drinks?" Stark says removing his signature sunglasses.

"No I did not. There are minors here." Fury says through gritted teeth pointing at Peter.

"Now that everyone's here what did you call us here for?" Bucky asked ready to get this over and done with.

"Funny thing you asked." Fury says with an unamused chuckle. "You all have a new member."

"Who did you sucker into joining the Avengers," Wanda asks.

"Melody Jackson."

Stark choked in his bottled water

Bucky's jaw almost hit the floor.

Steve kept looking between Fury and Bucky.

Wanda and Natasha looked a little excited to have another female on the team.

Vision stayed his emotionless self.

And everyone else just looked shocked by the new news.

"Oh my God, maybe she can teach me to fight like the Greeks in the movie 300." Peter says getting excited.

"How the hell did you manage to do that?!" Tony asked. "Every time we got close she handed our ass's to us on a silver platter."

"She came to me." Fury confessed.

"What do you mean by the came to you." Bucky slowly asked.

"I walked into my office and there she was spinning around in my chair like a little kid. I asked her a few questions and she answered."

"What did you ask her?" Clint ask. 

"I asked her questions like 'how did she learn how to fight,  'are there more demigods like her, 'why do they hide', and why she decided to turn herself in'." Fury said.

"And she said........" Steve trailed off.

Fury pulled up the camera feed from his office and pressed play.

"How did you learn how to fight." Fury asked.

"Kids of the Greek and Roman Gods have scents and depending on your parent your scent can be strong or weak. Me being the daughter of Poesiden gave me a strong scent." Melody said before taking a deep breath. "If you're a child of a Goddess like Aphrodite your scent may be ignored by the monsters. Even after you realize you're a demigod"

"That doesn't explain why you can fight." Fury states.

"The monsters come as soon as they smell you so they can eat and or kill you. Most of us die off young because we weren't prepared or strong enough." She says sadly. "So we have a camp where they teach us everything we need to know including combat."

"So there are more of you?"

"Duh Nick......I mean I'm Poesidens only child but I mean Ares the God of War got a bunch of kids likes Apollo and Hermes."

"Why do you hide?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?"

"Melody."

"Fury."

"You said you'd corporate." Fury reminded her.

"Fine fine." She says sighing dramatically. "We hide because the human race isn't ready for something as big as this. They've convinced themselves that this religion was nothing but a story and created and worship a God that doesn't exist. A lot of people would be in denial probably go crazy."

"That makes sense." Fury said scratching the back of his next. "But you know what doesn't make sense."

"What is that?"

"Why you're telling me what I want to know."

"You want to know the truth?" She asks. "The honest to Gods truth."

"Yeah."

That's when the screen went blank confusing everyone including Fury until he remembered he promised not to tell Bucky.

"Join the Avengers and I promise the stalking will stop and your mom can return with nothing to worry about." Furry said leaning back in his chair.

"On one condition."

"What's that?" He asks.

"You tell Bucky nothing."

"Deal."

"Deal."

They shook hands before Melody disappeared leaving behind an ocean breeze.

Everybody turned to look between Bucky and Fury wanting to know what was happening in the blank part of the video.

"Don't tell Bucky what?" Bucky asked squinting his eyes at Fury.

"That's classified information, Barnes."

"Does it have to do with the fact that she's my soulmate?"

"SHE'S WHAT!!!!" The team yells except for Fury, Thor, and Steve.

"Congrats buddy," Thor says clapping him on the back. "Melody is a lovely woman."

"I can't answer you Barnes that's classified information." Fury said before walking out of the room.

"Classified my ass."