Chapter 2

Daenerys's point of view:

Tyrion and Missandei have gone greeting Jon Snow on the beach, while I was saying goodbye to Rhaego in his room.

"Why can I never meet new people?" He asked me disappointed.

Fortunately for me Rhaego is a calm child who always do what I ask him to do even if it does not always make him happy. He is now 5 years old and very few people are aware of his existence.

"I already tell you Rhaego, it's to protect you. If your existence were to be learned, there are many people who would go after you to reach me and I would never let anyone attack you. Do you trust me ?" I asked him while kneeling before him to be at his height.

He nodded and I opened my arms so that he would come and snuggle, which he did immediately. Then I nodded to Liliana to take Rhaego to her room while I went to meet Jon Snow.

...............

After this first meeting with the king of the north I decided to find Rhaego to calm me down. My son has this effect on me, it doesn't matter that I am irritated as soon as I see him I calm down. As soon as he saw me go through the door he jumped on me as he does every time we meet after I left him with Missendei or Liliana. He gave me a big hug before telling me all he did with Liliana in my absence.

Jon's point of view:

I woke up sudeenly. I looked around surprised at not being in my room in Winterfell until I remembered that I was at Dragonstone and had met Queen Daenerys a few hours earlier. Although I was happy to still be alive, I couldn't say that our meeting had been good.

I got up to serve myself a glass of water when I heard little noises coming from one of the wall of my room. I stayed still and paid more attention. It was like little footsteps getting closer. I grabbed the pommel of my sword and approached the wall from which came the sounds ready to defend me in case of an attack. A few seconds passed before a little boy emerged from behind a piece of furniture. He looked at me with big round eyes before opening his mouth ready to scream, I caught him just before he could do it. The last thing I needed was for the dotrakis post in front of my room burst into the room to see me threatening a little boy big like 3 apples, with my sword.

"Hush ... don't scream, I don't want you any harm. I'm going to release you slowly and you're not going to scream okay?" He nodded, still looking terrified.

I released him and looked at him a little more carefully. He was small and he looked very young, 4 or 5 years old. He had brown hair and purple eyes that I had never seen before today, yet it was the second time of the day that I saw those eyes. Daenerys had the same. I had never heard that Queen Daenerys had a son, and yet I had no doubt about their relationship.

After a few minutes of silence, which we spent observing each other, he seemed less afraid of me. For me, the more I looked at him and the more I thought he looks like Daenerys ... Daenerys had a bastard son.

" Who are you ?" He finally asked me.

"My name is Jon Snow and I come from Winterfell in the north and you who are you?" I told myself that if I gave him more information he would perhaps trust me more.

"I don't know if I have the right to tell you." He replied puzzled. I frowned.

"Why can't you tell me? "

"My mom says it's too dangerous and if my existence came to be known then her enemies will want to hurt me. "

"And if I tell you that I already know who you are, will you give me your name? "

He frowned at me before speaking again.

" You know who I am ?" I knelt down to meet him before answering.

"Yes ... you are the son of Queen Daenerys. Aren't you?" He looked surprised.

"Indeed ... My name is Rhaego and I'm 5 years old. » He said proudly, showing me the fingers of his hand.

I was going to answer him when I heard footsteps and voices in the hallway. I reached out again and recognized the voice of Daenerys. She seemed terribly worried. I could not tell what she was saying, but I managed to recognize Rhaego's name in the conversation. Suddenly I realized that the queen was worried because she could not find her son. I had a moment of hesitation before approaching the door and opening it. Daenerys and another young woman I had never seen before stared at me instantly.

"Your majesty, if you seek your son, he is there." I said pointing my room with my finger.

She looks very surprised for a moment before her face transform in fear and then become impassive again quickly. She did not speak to me and passed in front of me to enter the room with her friend at her feet. As soon as she saw him she ran to him and took him in her arms. The little boy hug her back instantly.

"I'm sorry Mom ... I just wanted to play and I found a tunnel so I followed it here. I didn't want to disobey you." Rhaego said in tears.

Daenerys detached herself slightly from the little boy and took his face in her hands.

"Never do that again Rhaego it's dangerous. You must never leave without warning anyone, understood?" He nodded as a tear ran down his cheek. "Do not cry my baby, I'm not angry but I was very scared, I thought you was hurt or worst. Dry these little tears you're so much more beautiful with a smile on your pretty face." She kissed him on the tip of his nose, smiling, and the little boy laughed, instantly regaining his good mood.

He kissed her on the tip of her nose too and laughed. I watched them carefully. I could not help but observe Daenerys's radiant smile at that moment. It was clear that mother and son were very close to each other and that their relationship was very strong.

After a few moments daenerys got up and looked at me furiously.

"What do you intend to do with this information? » I was surprised at her question and her suddenly harsh tone.

"I don't see what I could do with it. But why do you hide from everyone that you have a son?" After a few moments of hesitation I added. "Is it because he's a bastard?" This time it was her who seemed surprised by my question.

"My son is not a bastard. His father is my late husband Khal Drogo. Unfortunately he died on the day of Rhaego's birth. But I don't have to discuss that with you. "

She grabbed her son by the hand and she started to leave before Daenerys turned towards me again, vibrating with anger.

"You better don't tell that to anyone Jon Snow. Rhaego is the most precious thing I have in this world, and if anyone tries to hurt him or even thinks of hurting him, I will kill them without any hesitation. I hope it's clear." She turned on her heels again without giving me time to answer anything dragging Rhaego with her.