18.0

E

I heard banging on the front door, Grayson was at school with Shelby and I was left alone in my childhood home.

My mom and dad were in California for some sort of getaway. I wasn't really informed on the details, all I knew was that they had no idea I was back home.

Grayson told me not to open the door for anyone, considering it'd be a little dangerous for one of my neighbours or someone else to see me.

The knocking kept continuing but it got louder and louder each pound.

I turned the tv off and crept past the kitchen making my way to the door to look the through the peep hole to see who it was.

"Police! Open up!" Was all I heard past the door and froze.

"If you don't open in three seconds we're coming in!" Their loud voices echoed through the house and I didn't know what to do.

My body was frozen, my backyard had acres of land, but it was met with others backyards at the end and I couldn't run that many acres in a matter of minutes.

They were going to come in here.

I knew this was it. This was my last moment as me and not Ethan Dolan the escaped murderer and gang member.

I was brought out of my thoughts as the door was pushed over and over again.

I had little time to go anywhere or do anything.

I ran upstairs as fast as I could and rummaged through Graysons drawers finding the notebook and a pen on his desk.

I quickly fumbled with the pen and paper and started writing as quickly as possible.

Shelby

The police are currently trying to break down my door. I know these are my final moments of freedom. These past few weeks have been the best of my entire life. Being with you made me the happiest I've ever been and I love you so much. Please move on, don't hold yourself back. I'm so proud of you and I'm so happy I got to fall in love for the first time, and I'm glad it was with you. I don't know what will happen to me, but I know it won't be anything good.
Graduate, go to college, get that diploma, get a job that admires your talents and strengths and never look back. Please watch over Grayson, I don't know how he'll be if something bad happens to me. But always remember that wherever I am, I will always love and support you. I love you so much Shelbs. Thank you for being everything I could ever ask for and for never thinking less of me because of my mistakes.

-Ethan

The door busted open and I could hear the dogs barking up the stairs.

I shoved the paper under Grayson's pillow quickly so the police wouldn't find it and find Shelby.

I heard the footsteps stomp up the stairs towards Graysons room.

The dog started barking louder and louder and I was met with the face of a police officer.

"Hands up!" The officer said to me as his gun was placed in-front of my body.

I placed my hands in the air and looked at the officers name badge as he yelled at the other officers from downstairs that he had found me.

Officer Sean

Flashbacks of seeing him before entered my head and I couldn't help but feel my dads disappointment once again.