The Endless Cycle

Start from the beginning

"Help us?" I ask him suspiciously.

"Yes, help. I know around these files much better than the other virus. Plus, I'm done with Dark and Anti bossing us around all the time," he said. 

"We like proof," AJ said.

"Proof? Then, here you go," he said.

He spread his arms out wide and looked up, in a flash of white, Mat appeared in front of us. He fell on the ground.

"Mat? You okay?" Nate asked his friend who shakingly stood up.

"There's your proof," Mad said. "There's Mat for you."

"That's not Mat," Nate said backing away from him.

"What's wrong Nate? You scared?" Mat asked looking up. 

His eyes were a frosty white.

"You did what Dark wanted you to do," I said. "You took away his will."

"Yes, I did. Didn't I, Dark?"

"Yes, yes you did."

Dark walked out of the shadows.

"Yes, you did, Mad, even though you had to disobey me to do so," Dark said laughing.

"What do you want?" Ethan asked.

"Who do we want?" Mad asked. "One of you actually. And that one is-"

He didn't finish his sentence. Mat quickly ran toward Nate, shoving him to the ground. And he tackled AJ, then he picked him up by the collar.

"AJ," Mat finished.

Random Encounter's POV

"AJ," Mat hissed.

"Well, you're not-" Rayne started.

"Take me," I say, cutting her off.

"Wha-" she began.

"Easy prey," Dark laughed. "Bring him here, Matthew."

Mat obeyed. 

It was weird seeing Mat do things with no question and no hesitation. But then again, this wasn't  Mat. It had to be an illusion. Mat was integrated with Mad.

This is all an illusion.

"AJ, what are you-" Jack began.

"Love the illusion, Mat. You know it is pretty easy to see through it."

"It is no illusion. It is real."

Of course Mad has the upper hand right now. They literally just integrated.

"You sure? Usually, he'd ask a lot of questions, or hesitate."

Mad struggled to find an answer.

"Like you are now. Even Mat is confused I know this right now I bet. You are still integrated."

This hit Mad like hard. His face twisted in pain and he clutched his head.

Dark quickly grabbed me.

"To bad for you, I am not an illusion."

He snapped and Anti came down from the roof.

"We didn't expect someone to break the illusion so quickly. So here is Plan B. Anti, I believe you'll do explaining better," Dark said as Anti helped Mad regain control.

Regain control?! 

Jack I could tell, realized this too.

"So, we can break you guys too," Jack said laughing.

"What do you mean, break us. Aren't we the broken version of you guys." Mad laughed as he turned to face us.

But, I believe that Mat will be able to find a way to help us while he is integrated. He usually did find ways to help. Even if it seemed impossible.

"Well, you are the broken versions of us. Doesn't that make us the broken versions of you guys?" Mark asked.

They didn't answer. 

"Let's go. We have the one we needed," Dark hissed.

They left the room, taking me with them. And the illusion of Mat disappeared.

Jackseptieye's POV

"I'M SO DONE!" I yell as soon as the egos left. "ALL THEY EVER DO IS TAKE ONE OF US, AND LEAVE!"

"Jack, buddy, calm down," Ethan said. "This is just what they want."

I knew what he said was true, but this was just so annoying.

"It's. It's just an endless cycle. We, need to break it," I say, everyone looks at me.

"Jack's right. We hide in an abandoned file, they find us, take one of us, then leave, and it repeats," Nate says.

"So, we do the opposite. We attack, take them by surprise, save AJ, and try to save Mat," Rayne says.

"Exactly," Mark says, catching on to what we were saying.

"Let's break this cycle," Ethan said.

We all left the room and headed toward the room the virus's used most.

The File Explorer.