Fifty two

They stayed at the lake till it was evening time and their growling stomachs reminded them that they still had a life to live.

"We have to head back. I'm hungry. Are you hungry?" Taehyung asked.

"Starving!" Jimin replied groaning and rubbing his stomach through his cloth.

They both walked out of the tent, hands interlocked. Taehyung smiled smugly.

"So, we didn't bring anything. We are practically broke now and we can't go back"

Jimin nodded sadly. "Yeah, you're right. We can't go back but it's not true when you say I didn't bring anything'

Taehyung stared at him a bit confused as he dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out the black box. Slowly, he opened it and showed him the ring still resting inside. Tears welled inside Taehyung's eyes.

"I carried it with me all the time. I was lucky that it was with me the night when your father tried to kill me" Jimin whispered looking fondly at the ring without realizing that Taehyung was already tearing up as he sighed.

"But what use is it now Tae? We are no longer married" he whispered trying to blink away his own tears. He was about to close back the box when Taehyung's hand held his own, stopping him. He looked up for the first time since he brought out the box only to see Taehyung's own ring in front of him. He was holding it between his fore fingers gazing into Jimin's eyes.

"I always carried it around with me too because it reminded me of you"

He took a deep breath "And who says it's no longer useful... "

He stopped and squeezed his hand putting up a smile on his face.

"Darling, in the eyes of the law, you and I are still a legally married couple"

Jimin stared at him in shock and disbelief, his eyes blinking rapidly at Taehyung.

"But.. But... We signed the divorce papers" he stammered.

Taehyung gave a small laugh.

"Just because we signed that paper doesn't mean we divorced straight away. It takes time. It has to go through a lot of court processes and for you and i who where only married for two months and some few weeks, the divorce proceeding was bound to be a bit difficult. We have been summoned to come to court next week to finalize the whole thing but if we don't come..."

A broad smile filled Jimin's face.

"That means..."

Taehyung smiled. "I'm still your husband and you're still mine"

Jimin suddenly jumped into his arms like a koala and Taehyung hugged him tightly

"I can't believe it. I'm so happy Tae. So happy"

He jumped down and started sobbing silently trying to hide his tears but Taehyung held his face in his hands wiping away his tears with his thumb.

"It's okay Jiminah. Everything is going to be fine. We are going to be fine" he whispered softly to him then took out the ring from the box and held Jimin's hand

"How about we do this for now?" he said slipping the ring into his finger.

Jimin stopped sobbing and a wave of happiness spread through his features as he took Taehyung's ring also and slipped it into his finger.

"Yes, let's do that"

They looked at each other before bursting out into a mixture of tears and laughter. Taehyung enveloped Jimin in his arms.