"Can we talk about this in a private place?"

"Who's that guy?" He impolitely pointed the man with her.

"He's your father."

The man finally talked, "Hi Jorge."

He laughed. "Wow. What a nice family reunion! I just came out from work and my parents popped out of nowhere to see me after 25 years! 25 fucking years. Can you believe it?" He looked at both of them and was ready to let out a sarcastic snigger. "Great! Isn't it?"

His mother pleaded, "I will explain, Jorge. Just give us a chance."

That was the moment he knew he had to make a decision. He was one decision away from pursuing a different path. One decision away to know everything he wanted to.

He didn't say anything and had gone fully submissive.

He allowed his mom to touch him this time.

It was warm. It was gentle. So delicate he almost forgot what it felt like being held by a mother.

His mother hugged him tightly and he didn't respond even just a little to reciprocate.

He spoke while his body was being held tightly by his mother, "I can't even remember your names."

She broke free from hugging him and stepped back to introduce themselves properly.

"I am Katrina and your father is Julian." She smiled innocently. "We are so glad you're okay. Do you mind if we take you to our home and discuss this matter?"

"You have a house? With this man?"

"He's your father."

"You seemed like you are healthily living on a peaceful home all these years and you just dared to look for me now. How is that?"

They didn't answer.

"What, was it just one day you were having a tea, watching TV and remembered you had a son?"

"I can explain. Please Jorge... give us this chance to reconcile with you. "

He thought to neglect their offer for a second but the answers to everything is what he needed the most even though he was not sure if it was possible to even come to the point of reconciliation.

He cannot speak for now. He's not the type of man who easily trusts people. Most especially people he didn't really know, regardless of their blood relation.

Katrina touched his arm and said "You're all grown now. Look at you, looking sharp with your suit."

"I cannot trust myself to the both of you who were practically a stranger now in front of me."

Julian said "You don't feel as we do, that a blood relationship, however remote, creates ties that should be honored?"

"Should be honored?" He raised his eyebrows to the surprise of what he just heard.

He chuckled arrogantly and said "I won't."

"Huh?"

"I won't go with you tonight. Give your address to the guard and I'll visit when I'm ready."

He had quickly decided. He turned around and walked to his car and left them standing in the cold.

As he got into his car, he muttered, "I can't believe this. Shameless peasants." He then stepped on the gas and sped off.

While he was driving, he saw a man walking strangely along the dark street. As he looked closely, he noticed his familiar stance. He pulled over to the side and stopped his car.