The Hostage part 2

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Swearing,

After Ned and Spider-Man stopped hugging, Steve was the one who decided to walk up to them.

"Even though you feel alright we just need to double check, Kid. A whole building dropped on you." He said.

"No- really I'm fine." Ned replied, looking over to Peter for help.

"We just need to double check." Steve insisted.

"Ned, as much as I don't want you to go with them I think you need to. There's no way you got out of there totally unharmed." Peter said to his best friend.

Ned sighed and followed the Avengers back to the tower with Peter.

"Woah.. this place is so cool! Pe-" Ned was cut off by Peter smacking his hand over Ned's mouth.

"Dude, secret identity." He whispered.

"Right- sorry."

"Here we are, the Med bay" Bruce Banner said, gesturing to the room. "Now you shouldn't be here too long. Maybe 15 minutes or so? I'm just making sure you're alright."

Ned gave Peter and unsure look, Peter gave him a pat on the back and went with the rest of the Avengers back to the lounge.

"So... Spidey, mind telling us what happened back there with you and Ned? You seem.. close." Tony said.

Of course Tony would question it. He's been trying to find out about Peter's identity since day one. He won't stop at anything to even get a clue of who Spider-Man could really be behind the mask.

"Yeah actually I do mind. It's none of your business." He replied, crossing his arms.

"Okay how about either you tell us what happened back there or I kick you out of my tower and leave Ned here by himself so we can interrogate him instead? Sound good?" Tony said, smirking.

"Wh- You- Ugh! You're so annoying, you know that?" Peter said, agitated. "Fine!"

"Of course I was worried about the kid, I mean hes a human with a life that sacrificed himself for me! Why wouldn't I be worried about that!?" He tried to lie but it obviously failed by the looks of the Avengers faces.

"You don't just cry about someone you don't know. Sure, you'll feel bad afterward and feel extremely guilty but you wouldn't cry and hug someone you barely know." Natasha said calling him out for his bullshit.

Peter sighed in defeat. "Fine, but im not telling you my identity." He sat on the ground and began to explain why he wasn't "acting like himself."

"Well, I know Ned from 'civilian life' and I guess you could say we are really close, and when I saw that he was gonna die because of me I lost it. I was trying to keep it together but it was.. hard. Sorry you guys had to see me like that. Totally unprofessional. Heh"

Right as the explanation ended Ned and Bruce walked in together.

"Well, for the most part Ned is fine. All he has are scratches and bruises. It amazes me how he didn't even sprain anything." Bruce said, still a little shocked about that.

"See, Pete, nothin' to worry about." Ned's eyes went wide as he realized what he just said.

"Dude.." Peter face palmed.

"YOUR NAMES PETE?!" Tony yelled.

Spiderman took Ned's hand and they quickly escaped the tower before they could be interrogated more.

-
The Avengers didn't bother to follow after them.

"Guys you know what this means?! It means that I'm one step closer to finding out everything about this kid!" Tony exclaimed

"Kid? How do you know he's a kid?" Steve asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Bruce cut in. "Sure, his voice his muffled by his mask but you can tell it belongs to a teenager. And this might sound weird but you can tell by his body too. It's just.. you can tell it belongs to a teenager."

"Not to mention Ned is a kid and 'close' to Spider-Man." Clint said.

"He could just be his son." Steve replied.

"Doubt it, Ned and him refer to each other as best friends and they call each other dude. Totally a kid." Clint said.

"Guys! We need to track down Spider-Man and find out everything about him! Let's go." Tony yelled.
-

"Peter, i'm really sorry! It was the heat of the moment! We were together with the Avengers and I just- I forgot! I'm so sorry."

"Ned, I'm not holding this against you. You're my best friend. It was a mistake and I know you wouldn't do it on purpose."

Just as Ned was about to reply they were at Ned's house and Ned's mother ran out.

"Ned, why didn't you come home sooner? I was so worried about you!"

Peter gave him an apologetic look and then quickly ran off to meet up with MJ.

They made plans to meet up on a rooftop,  he was planning on telling her about his whole day. He quickly changed back into his suit and found her.

"Sup loser, it took you awhile to get here. Mind explaining?"

"Yeah I have a hell of a story to tell you." He said, and quickly sat down next to her, legs dangling off the building. He began to tell her about the whole Ned situation.

"So- wait. You're telling me that you teamed up with the Avengers and then a building collapsed on Ned and they didn't bother to help?!" She almost screamed in frustration. "They're the Avengers, couldn't they have helped you find him! 'Earth's mightiest heroes' my ASS!"

"Yeah but today did make me realize something.." He started. "I don't think I could live without you and Ned." He took his mask off to reveal his teary eyes and hugged MJ.

"Peter.. it's okay. Nothing is going to happen to us. Ever." She said, resting her head on Peter's shoulder.

"I know, you and Ned keep saying nothing is ever going to happen to you but that doesn't make me forget the fact that Ned could have DIED today. I can't lose another person because of me."

-

Clint looked towards Tony, feeling a little guilty that he just heard all of that.

"We shouldn't have followed him." Clint said.

Steve looked a little more shocked towards the fact the Spider-man was ACTUALLY  a kid.

"We should have done something about Ned being trapped under the building. The girl was right. We shouldn't have just watched." Steve said and the others nodded in agreement.

-

"Peter, you aren't going to lose us and I mean it. We love you alright?" MJ said, trying to make Peter feel better.

Peter wiped his tears away and nodded his head. "You're right. I'm just being dumb"

"You're not being dumb. You're just looking out for us." She smiled and kissed Peter on the cheek.

"Thank you, MJ."

,,,,,
❣️30,000 FUCKING READS?! THANK YOU GUYS!

Also I'm working on hunger games part 2 and it's gonna take awhile longer because I don't know how I want it to go.

-ToastedShirts❣️