Peter quits

TRIGGER WARNINGS:(Cyber) Bullying, self-deprecating thoughts, Swearing, Violence, Kidnapping

Edited March 13, 2021: Grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, changed a few sentences.

I don't know where this one-shot went. Enjoy my attempts at a good story. Also, the Avengers don't know Spider-Man's identity.

"The crime rates may be lower than ever but that Spider-Man is still a menace! He is a criminal! That's why crime rates aren't all the way down, He's causing more harm than good. We don't need him!" The news channel ranted on and on about how Spider-Man was a terrible hero.

Peter had enough of it. He slammed his hands against the table, spilling his cereal.

"Well if you don't want Spider-Man then I QUIT!"

He was sick of all of the hate he got. All he did was help people, save lives, and NOBODY WAS GRATEFUL!

Peter raced to his room and took off his Spider-Man suit from under his clothes and threw it in the closet. He was done.

Peter ran to school, as he was already late from watching the news. He ran into the school and burst through the door.

"Parker, you're late!" The teacher, Mr.Brown yelled.

"Sorry, I, uh... traffic?" He said more of a question than a response.

The teacher rolled his eyes as class began.

"So what you're gonna do is-" Peter zoned out the teacher and started to think about what he was going to do with all the free time of not being Spider-Man.

Would people even notice that Spider-Man was gone, of course they would, who else would they have to hate on without him?

And finally, school ended. Peter walked out of the school and yelled, "Man.. fuck this school!"

Flash, not knowing who yelled that screamed back, "Hell Yeah!"

Peter walked down the street and stopped to see a group of people gathered near a shop watching a Tv live broadcast.

"Today crime rates have climbed up a total of 5%, we've had countless muggings and even a few bank robberies. We ask ourselves this question; where is Spider-Man?"

The group erupted in chatter, "Why is everyone freaking out about Spider-Man? I mean the day isn't even over yet. What if he was just busy?" A tall man who looked like a moose said. A man shorter than him nodded in agreement.

"Oh my god, what if he ditched New York!" A young woman said.

An older man rolled his eyes, "he was a pest anyway."

Insults were thrown back and forth and Peter listened. He got more offended with each insult. "This is why I quit..." he mumbled.

He threw his hood over his head and walked further down the street to his home.

A couple of weeks later more people had been freaking out, the question still in the air of where Spider-Man is.