On the run

TRIGGER WARNINGS:Swearing, death, not eating, food,

❣️Thank you guys so much for the reads and votes. I'm so happy y'all enjoy my writings. Thank you so much.❣️

Peter sprinted down the streets of New York as the Child Protective Services chased him.

"You bitches aren't getting me today!" He yelled.

Peter has been on the run for 10 months after May passed away from a heart attack. No matter what Peter was not going into a foster home much less an orphanage.

The men behind him snarled with anger. This kid always seemed to outrun them.

Peter was too busy being cocky to notice the giant man in front of him waiting to grab him. Peter gasped and the man grabbed Peter's arms as if they were sticks.

Peter struggled in his grip, "This isn't how I'm going down! Not against some meat sack." He growled. Peter thrashed trying to loosen the grip on him.

A group of people started watching the situation and Peter took advantage of that.

"Help! This man is crazy! HELP ME PLEASE!" He screamed and pretended to cry.

A woman from the crowd looked horrified, she took her shoe off and threw it at the man. "Help the poor boy!" She screamed.

A group of what seemed to be bikers ran up and started fighting for Peter. Three of the men attacked the man holding Peter while the other two pulled him from the strong grip.

"Thank you!" He yelled before running off.

Peter flipped the men off that were chasing him. He ran all the way to an abandoned building.

"Home sweet home" Peter mumbled. The last few months have been rough. He ran out of money and couldn't afford all the food he needs to keep his body up and running.

He's even gotten to the point where he dumpster dived for a piece of bread. Peter hasn't gone to school for months either, he couldn't give the child protective services a chance to snatch him.

His hygiene isn't very good, but he tries. He uses public bathrooms and public pool showers. He steals soap and toothpaste every other month.

Funny how the man who is trying to stop crime is now contributing to the crime rates.

And worst of all Peter is considered to be a missing person. Everyone in Queens have been keeping an eye out for him and that makes it more dangerous for him to be out in the light.

His life couldn't be worse. Tears dripped on to his cheeks as the thought about how he's been living.

'Maybe if I turn myself in to child protective services everything would be better'. Peter shakes his head. 'No, don't think like that. You can't replace your family.'

Peter sighed and laid his head on the arm rest of an old tattered couch and went to sleep.

                                        -

Peter jolted up from his sleep as he heard people breaking into his "home."

He threw himself behind the maroon couch and focused on listening to what was happening.

"Are you sure we got the right place?" A man with a deep voice whispered into a walkie talkie.

"Yes. A woman reported that they saw a young boy run into here." The walkie talkie crackled back.