Stupid cops

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Swearing, getting shot,

Edited: March 24, 2021: Fixed grammatical and spelling errors, changed some sentences, and added some.

❣️The Avengers don't know Spider-Man's identity in this, but they're friends.❣️

The Avengers had just finished saving everyone from a giant robot attack in New York City, with the help of Spider-Man of course.

Peter scoped the area just to make sure there were no robots left over while the Avengers were swarmed by paparazzi and news reporters.

Spider-Man swung up behind Ironman while the Avengers were getting bombarded with questions left and right by reporters dying to get the Avenger's thoughts on the latest invasion.

He didn't know why but he had an off feeling in the back of his head.

Ironman looked back at him at patted him on the back, "Good work."

"Behind you! It's Spider-Man!" A woman cried out. Some screams of excitement and joy were heard while some boos and negative comments were shouted out by angry men, making sure their opinions were not drowned out by the positive ones.

"Spider-Man!" A commanding voice yelled his way. "Men, do not let your guard down."

The cops' heads whipped to the side and trained their guns on him.

"Oh come on! All I do is help the city and you still try to shoot me!?" He groaned and threw his hands up in frustration.

Tony chuckled. "Don't worry Spidey, they won't do anything stupid with us around." 

"We will not have to harm you if you come with us peacefully. You are not above the law, vigilante." The woman said. Peter assumed she was the police chief. 

Spider-Man nodded his head in relief at what Tony had said. "Yeah what kind of idiot would attack me with the avengers by my si-" A loud bang went off and something hot hit Peter in the side.

He was just shot by a policeman. The man who shot him froze in the realization that he actually hit Spider-Man. His eyes grew wide as he worried about what the Avengers were going to do him.

The police chief looked like she wanted to tear the man's head off.

"Fuck!" Peter yelled. Tony turned toward the police and shouted at them.

Peter crouched down in pain, holding his side. "God dammit! I should have left when I had the chance."

Steve ran to Spider-Man's side while the news crew recorded everything that happened and paparazzi snapped pictures. "Spidey, you're bleeding out. We're gonna take you to our tower. Okay?"

"No, no, no, I'm fine. I've been shot before." Peter stood up quickly, almost falling over from the speed. His vision began to turn black, "Nevermind." and then he passed out.

-

Peter awoke to the sound of a beeping noise. Wait, Beeping noise?! Peter swiftly opened his eyes and shot up. "Where am I?" He demanded.

"Calm down, Kid. You're in the med bay at stark towers. You were shot in the side, remember?" Bruce asked.

"Kid? Why did you call me k-" Peter brought his hand to his face and suddenly froze, eyes widening in panic. He wasn't wearing his mask, someone took it off.

"No, no, no, no!" He panicked. "Nobody was supposed to find out!"

"It's alright- Only  the Avengers know, we won't tell anyone." Peter kept shaking his head, refusing to listen to the doctor.

He didn't know if he wanted to cry or be angry at the invasion of privacy.

Just then, the rest of the Avengers burst through the door.

Peter threw the bed covers over his face to try and keep his identity a secret.

"Come out, Kid, we know what your face looks like." Tony chuckled.

Peter groaned and glared at the man. "Nobody was supposed to find out." 

"Secret is safe with us." Steve smiled while Clint pretended to cross his heart.

Peter rolled his eyes, "I am still not happy with this." He stretched and felt a searing pain in his side and violently flinched.

"What the fuck! Why did that hurt?!"

 Bruce smiled, "you were shot, I just told you that." The Avengers chuckled at that.

Peter facepalmed, "Oops."

"Yeah, 'oops.'"  Tony deadpanned.

Peter paled, Shit! May is gonna kill me!

"Does anyone have a phone I could borrow?"

Clint nodded and threw his phone to Peter, Peter caught it rather quickly and dialed May's number. "Hey May-"

"PETER! WHY DIDNT YOU COME HOME LAST NIGHT? IVE BEEN WORRIED SICK! I THOUGHT YOU COULDVE BEEN HURT OR WORSE" May continues to scold him through the phone while Peter listened with wide eyes. 

The Avengers were snickering. "You got a girlfriend, Kid?"

Peter looked at Tony with disgust. "Um no. She's my aunt."

Peter said a quick sorry to May and hung up.

"Well, welcome to the Family, Kid."

"My name is Peter."

Days went by and Peter started hanging out with the Avengers more often and even became one.

,,,,,
❣️Literally, someone teach me how to end fanfics

-ToastedShirts❣️