chapter 12

- a slight change, eh?

Daniel

I patiently wait by the front door. Avalon should be here soon. Once she gets here, we'll be heading down to the carnival.

I pat myself down and look at my leather watch for the 10472910th time. Why the fuck was I so nervous? I wipe my sweaty palms and glance at the top of the stairs. Not here yet, which means I have a few minutes to calm the fuck down.

Why am I such a pussy?

"Because. You just are."

Damn you, wolf. It was a rhetorical question, little shit.

"Fuck you, human."

"No, thanks," I say to my wolf, Danvers. I glance once again at the top of my stairs and back to my watch. 1:28 pm. Where is she?

As soon as I look up, I was shaken. There she was. Like the goddess she was. She sure puts the Moon Goddess to shame.

She was wearing a light blue dress that was just right above her knees. What a tease. Just kidding, she looks amazing. Her hair was half up tied in a bun, half down in wavy curls. She had diamond studs on and a beautiful crescent moon necklace with a single blue diamond stud wrapped loosely around that beautiful neck of hers.

"You look.."

"Hideous? Too much? Overdressed?"

"Stunning. You look like the brightest star on the darkest night."

She seems stunned by my words and I could tell because her cheeks were flushed with a bright pink under that makeup. I take out my hand, my palm desperate for her soft touch.

"Pussy," Danvers says.

"Shut up."

A ghost smile appears on her lips and her fingers tickle his palm. They slide down in between his thumb and index finger. She gasps. I feel it, too. A light spark, yet so powerful.

"Ready?" I ask. She nods. We walk up to the two large dark oak doors. Loud music and many conversations came from the front yard of the house.

I nod at my two of my strongest and well-trained wolves standing at each side of the door. I had plenty of strong wolves, but these two were specialized with a chemical that made supernatural's powers so much greater than a 10,000-year-old immortal hybrid combined. I, myself took one along with Matthew and a few of my other trusted men.

Not too long ago. I was forced to intake it when my pack was at stake. We had these vails that a powerful witch made for whenever bad situations came. I couldn't let my pack go down and I took risks as the Alpha King at a young age.

I was willing to do anything to keep my family safe. Everybody's safety before mine. I glance down at Avalon.

And a much greater value had built its way into my beating heart. She's my top priority and she is the one who will top everyone else's safety. As selfish as that sounds, it is true. I cannot and will not let her life be on the line. I will never let that happen as long as I am living and breathing. Thank goddess for that vail or I wouldn't be able to protect her.

Avalon's hand tightens on mine and she runs to a food truck.

A big bright yellow sign with red letters saying "SUGAR DONUTS". She jumps up and down, pointing at the sugar donuts that the people were making.

"There's a huge line though.." she says, disappointment laced in her tone. That's true. The line must've been 10 meters long.

"Hey, now. They better make an exception when it comes to the Alpha King," I say. I walk ahead of the people in line while holding onto her hand.

"Excuse me," I call out to the people in the food truck, "yes, hi. I was just wondering if I could get some donuts for this precious woman holding my hand right now."

Nobody dared deny me and these people understood. A woman, nearing her 40s, smiles sweetly at the both of us and shouts something at the back.

"They'll be right up!"

I turn back to see Avalon giving me the biggest smile I've ever seen. I give her an amused look.

"Are you more interested in sugar donuts than me, princess?" I pout at her. She purses her lips and then bites it. My hand comes up to her cheek and my thumb reaches her bottom lip. I pull out the bottom lip that her front teeth kept teasing.

"Stop that. Your lips are too precious for you to be taunting it. Only I can do that," I pause and lean forward.

"Both ways," I whisper soft enough and close enough by her ear for only her to hear it. It takes a while to comprehend it because she stands there—shook as ever.

Avalon slaps my shoulder. "Shut it," she says.

"Order up!" the lady shouts. I turn around and grab the donuts. I was about to hand her some cash when she stops me.

"Oh, please. It's our pleasure to serve our King and Queen. Take this as an "on the house" thing."

"Thank you so much!" Avalon exclaims, grinning at the lady.

"My pleasure, please come back soon!"

Avalon and I both nod at her and walk away. I hand her the bag of donuts and she quickly snatches them from me. She shoves the first one in her mouth. A quiet moan slips out of her mouth first. Then she shoves the second one in her mouth. A much louder moan and a crazy body dance erupt from her joints.

This is my mate, ladies, and gentlemen.

"Oh, my goddess. I love you so much," she proclaims, shoving her fifth one in her mouth. Light sugar surrounds the corner of her lips.

"Are you talking to me?" I say, interrupting her heavenly peace.

"I-"

"I'm kidding. Where do you want to go now?" I ask my hand on her back. She points to an animal farm and grips my arm tightly.

"Come on!!" she shouts, excitement rushing in the both of us. I chuckle, trying to match her pace.

"I'm coming!"

This woman will be the death of me.

——————————————————

2 chapters in one day? You're welcome, loves. I owe so much to you all. You deserve this.