chapter 3

Ethan Bush

*EDITED*

****

Avalon

"Avalon! Get down here! There's something for you!" Father yells. I groan, not wanting to get out of bed. My head was deep into the pillow and it was hard to breathe. But, I didn't care.

"Ava-" The door burst open and in comes Ethan. Oh, yeah, Ethan.

Ethan Bush. My wonderful, sweet, loving boyfriend who in the matter of fact is a wolf, too.

I raise my head up and stare at Ethan. Ethan had that bad boy look, but once you get to know him, he's so down-to-earth. I squint my eyes and try my best to recover the blurriness in my eyes.

"Avalon, sweetheart," Ethan coos, rushing over to me. I rub my eyes and sit up.

"What are you doing here, bubba?" I ask. My voice was all groggily and raspy. I'm pretty sure I had morning breath. Ethan kisses my temple.

"Of course, I came here to see you. Your father called for you. But it seemed that my little A was still asleep," he says, approaching me as he pokes my nose. I giggle and scrunch my nose up.

He was about to lean in for a kiss until I block my mouth with my hands. He backs away and gives me a confused look.

"I have morning breath," I muffle in my hands. He rolls his eyes.

"Baby, I don't caaaaaaaaare! Come here!" He grabs me and starts kissing all over my face. Ugh, I hate it when he does this. It tickles!

"Babe! Please," I beg, trying to get him off me. He gives up and backs off me after 500 times of me begging him to surrender.

"Girls and their feminine problems," he teases.

"Hey! Stop that! You're lucky you don't have a vágina that bleeds every month." I punch him with a pillow. He burst out laughing.

"At least, I don't have a boner that goes on every 24/7 and cannot be controlled," I mumble. Lucky for werewolf senses, Ethan heard very clear. His laughing immediately stops and he snaps his head towards me.

"What was that?" He smirks. I smile innocently and quickly run out of the room and into my bathroom. I lock the bathroom door, so Ethan couldn't enter.

"Don't think I'm not gonna get you back for saying I can't control my boner! I am gonna get you back!" he growls.

I giggle. "Whatever!"

Daniel

How are you?

Are you feeling okay?

Do you want to eat?

Thirsty?

Do you want some rest?

The answers to all of that were no. Just a simple no ever since I rejected Avalon, or so I thought I did.

I feel as if I should go back to her and beg her for forgiveness. Oh, the innocence she had in her eyes. And the scent I caught up from her was just amazing! Strawberries, vanilla, and cinnamon. It was amazing. It made me and my wolf meltdown to the ground. There was pure beauty outside and inside of Avalon.

When I saw her, she looked so familiar. For a second there, I would've mistaken her for Alpha Xavier Black's daughter. I mean, her name was Avalon, but her last name was Brice. And I knew that because my wolf kept growling at the last name, Brice.

I couldn't make her my mate. Not now. I was only beginning my life. I still want my teenage life, with the girls and popularity.

"Are you fùcking serious? You're about to become Alpha King. The Alpha King. And you want girls and popularity? Oh, thank the Moon Goddess our mate left you," my wolf Danvers barks.

"Not now, Danvers!" I sigh.

"We all know the rejection never worked, you can still get her back and make her become our queen."

"Heck no!"

"Your loss. Looks like she's got another man chasing her TAIL!!!" The last word coming out turns into a growl. I was with my friends at the central mall, trying to pick up a girl. Don't judge me.

"Disgusting human," Danvers mutters.

I ignore him and continue looking for Avalon. My head turned in different ways as I try to find my mate. I finally spot her.

She was inside Victoria's Secret with an unmated male wolf trailing behind her. His arms were behind his back. He was walking behind as if she was royal.

Pathetic. Avalon has an interest in this pup? Avalon is mine! She cannot go walking around unmarked with an unmated wolf who can take her away from me! An inhuman growl left my mouth, making my friends turn around.

"What is it?"

"Dude, you alright?"

"Calm down. You're stressing too much."

Many exclaims were said. A feel a hand on my shoulder.

"What is with all the growling, your highness?" Matthew, my beta chuckles. I eye him and shrug his hand off.

"Nothing. I'll be back," I mutter as I start walking to Victoria's Secret.

"Going for a 5-minute fun time in VS? Impressive," Matthew links me. I growl and ignore him. I continue walking to Victoria's Secret until I finally reach the entrance. Her strong enhancing scent hit my face immediately and I was about to melt right there.

Focus Daniel.

Avalon

"How 'bout this one?" Ethan holds up a black lace lingerie. He has that annoying smirk. I examine the lingerie.

It was just a black lace bodysuit, with a super short skirt. The top had no straps and if I was wearing that, my breast would be way pushed up.

I open my mouth to speak, but someone else did.

(A/N; I was about to end it here, but I thought... I'll continue for the love of my readers.)

"How 'bout a no," a too-familiar voice interrupts. An amazing scent of pinecones, coconut, and cucumber inhale in me. It was a weird combination, but it smells amazing!

The realization hits me and I come back to reality.

Shit! Shit! Shit! I haven't even told Ethan about meeting my mate yet! We vowed that once we find our mate, we can work things out and be the best of friends. Ethan and I both turn our heads to meet the one and only, Daniel Dallas.

"Daniel.." My words become thick with venom.

I send him the most dangerous glare. Oh... If glares could kill.

"Avalon. My dear sweet mate," he declares as a horrendous smile sneaks upon his lips. Mother... Ugh! He's purposely doing this.

"Mate?" Ethan quizzically asks. I turn to Ethan and his face had so many emotions. I couldn't sort it out.

"Ethan... Ethan.." I soothe out. He looks away from me.

"Ethan. Ethan, please look at me," I plead. I look back at Daniel, who has the biggest smirk. I sent him a nasty glare.

"Ethan.." My hand made its way to his cheek. I softly rub it.

"Look at me." He turns back at me.

What I saw next made me want to throw myself into his arms and say I am his.