chapter 9

Lilly Rivera

(A/N; You guys are going to love me . 😂💞 Your choice: Play the song "Let it go by Hailee Steinfeld (cover)" while reading this chapter. I'm glad I'm back, I'm excited to type for you guys again! Okay now I'll shut up . 😂 ENJOY! ☺️)

*EDITED*

****

~1 week later~

Avalon

3 days since I've last been here. 3 days since I have moved into this damn kingdom. 3 days since I had to live with that Jerk.

I can't stand him, he forced me to move in with him. Which I did not want to! I've only known my family for 5 days and that Jerk decides to just take me away from them. I wanted to cry and beat him up... But I didn't. I don't know why maybe it was our stupid mate bond.

Stupid mate bond. Stupid jerk. Stupid mate. Stupid Dan -

"You were saying?" Daniel's annoyingly sexy voice interrupts. I turn to him and found him sitting next to me, staring at me.

"I was saying?" I sarcastically ask, leaning on my hand for support. He smirks and leans closer to me. His hot breath fanning my neck. I slightly gulp.

"Stupid who?" he teases. By then, I was lost at words. It was as if all the words I was going to say disappears.

"I.. I - I .. Um.." Somehow it feels hard to say something.

"Cat got your tongue?" he pushes as a smirk sneaks upon his lips. He stands up and walks away. I glare at his retreating back.

"Jerk," I whisper under my breath. I sigh and lean into my hands.

This is why I can't stand living in the same environment as Daniel. He's annoying as hell. He teases me, taunts me. And he somehow acts like he never did anything. When he obviously did. Flashbacks of him trying to reject me and almost choking me to death flow in. I sigh once again.

Why is life so complicated?

"When life gives you lemons, you just gotta flow with the lemons and make some lemon juice for me."

My best friend, Lilly, said to me when I was having a hard time with my exams in my Senior year.

I laugh as that memory comes into my mind.

I miss Lilly. I wonder how she's doing... Without knowing where Ethan and I are. She probably hates me now, because I practically ditched her.

I miss you, Lilly. Where is your annoying ass when I need you?, I mentally ask myself.

"Hi, there!" a familiar feminine voice chirps. Her back is faced towards me as she opens the fridge, digging for something. I didn't answer her, instead I tried to get a glimpse of her. Somehow, her voice sounds so familiar and her scent. So much like honeydew and lemons.

She turns to me but didn't lookup.

"Something wrong?" she asks, with a teasing smile on her face.

"Uh... N-no... Who are you?" I ask, my tone full of confusion.

"Well, I'm Lillian, but everyone calls me - Avalon?!" she goes crazy as she realizes who I am. I am immediately pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

"Oh, my god! Avalon?! Y-you're here! Alive.. and kicking!" she shrieks once again, with a hint of relief.