chapter 7

Jon Kortajarena as Matthew Skye

*EDITED*

****

Avalon

"So... He rejected you?" Amanda cautiously asks. I nod. Mom and Dad were fuming. Especially Mom. She looks sad. I wonder why.

"M-mom.." I say. She immediately snaps her head up.

"Yeah?" she softly replies. She begins to look nervous.

"What's that look on your face..?" I ask. She gives me an innocent look.

"What look?" She laughs nervously. Dad follows along with her, acting as clueless as possible. I give them a stern look.

"Is there something I should know?" I say, a little too irritated. Everyone just avoids eye contact with me.

"Whatever." I huff and run up to my room. I slam the door as soon as I enter my room.

"Pffft! Family... Whatever..," I mumble. I look up as I try to keep these heavy tears from rolling down.

Why are my parents keeping a secret from me? Tears start to pool my eyes, even more, my sight became blurry. I hear a knock on my door. I snap my head up and wipe my tears away.

"What do you want?!" I snap, my voice slightly cracking at the end.

"It's us. James and Amanda..." James replies. I sigh.

"Come in," I say. The door opens. James and Amanda walk in.

"Are you okay?" Amanda asks. I gave her a "are you stupid?" look. She puts her hands up.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I guess, you're not fine," she chuckles nervously, while I shoot her a glare. I feel someone slowly run their hand against my back. I turn around and see James sitting next to me at the end of my bed.

"Tells us what's wrong." He smiles.

"Was mom rejected?" I blurt out. That question has been going through my mind. James immediately frowns.

"W-well you can say that..," he casually says. I look up at Amanda. She slightly laughs but stops as soon as I shoot her a look.

"James, we should tell her. She's our sister after all. And we shouldn't keep any secrets from her. She's family. And the oldest to us. She's practically the soon-to-be Luna of this pack," she shrugs.

On the other hand, James looks irritated after Amanda's comment. He rolls his eyes.

"Ugh. Whatever. She has a mate. I'll be Alpha," he mumbles.

"Luna has more power," I say under my breath. James' head snaps up and he looks at me with angry eyes.

"Whatever! Alphas are more -"

I cut him off.

"- Of an immature pup." I casually say. Amanda starts to bust out laughing.

"Haha! You got called an immature pup!!" she exclaims, pointing towards James. Amanda started making puppy noises towards him. James looked like he was about to blow.

I lower my laughing as I wipe my fake tears.

"Okay... I think we should... stop." A few more giggles escape my lips. I continue to focus more on Mom and Dad.

"So, if you tell me about Mom and Dad.. I'll never tell your "friends" about this." I emphasized the "friends." James groans.

"Ugh. Sisters are so.. mean. And.. EVIL!"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I roll my eyes.

"Just tell me everything."

"Okay. Here it goes," James starts.

****

"Mom was rejected as well..?" I blurt out. Throughout the whole story, James and Amanda were telling me, I laughed and cried. I was even angered at that one jerk... What's his name again..? Troy? Ugh! That fùcker.

The doorbell rings throughout the house. James, Amanda, and I immediately got up. James and Amanda had the same expression, while I was utterly confused.

"Who is that?" I ask.

"He can't be here," Amanda growls. "He's supposed to be here tomorrow morning!"

I knit my eyebrows together and made that weird, confused face.

"Let's go!" James says. He runs out the door with me and Amanda following behind.

Daniel

"Urgh! I can't wait anymore, let's go to the Blood Moon pack already!!" Matthew groans.

"Remember, tomorrow Matt. Tomorrow," I say.

He groans again. "But I want to go now!"

I roll my eyes. Matthew is sounding like a little baby at a candy store and he can't get anything. I look at Matthew and he starts making a puppy face.

I glare at him. Why is my Beta so fùcking ugly?

"Okay, fine! Go and tell the others! Geez... It's only 10 in the morning and you just want to go, huh?" I ask.

He nods rapidly.

"Okay, get out. Go pack. Your face is fùcking killing me," I growl. He instantly runs out of my personal lounge room.

"Pack up guys, we're going to the Blood Moon pack early," I mind-link my third and some of my warriors. I guess we're going to the pack early.