chapter 11

Kristina Pimenova as Alice Genevieve

****

Avalon

~2 weeks later~

"They're coming! The redcoats are coming!" Matthew cries out as he runs around the living room.

"Matthew, what the hell are you doing?" Daniel says as he enters the living room. I turn around and see Daniel standing at the two small stairs that circle around the living room.

"You see, Matthew's playing this dumb little game with these pups. And I told him if he wants to die from.." I stuck my hands out, counting how many pups he was playing with.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 10." I close my eyes trying to remember my numbers.

"Yeah, he's playing with 10 pups, and surely they're gonna crush him," I finish as I grab a hand full of hot Cheetos. I shove a few in my mouth and keep the others in my hand.

Daniel laughs and shakes his head. He walks the two steps of stairs and walks over to me. He moves the bag of hot Cheetos to the side and sits right next to me on the couch.

"Hey!" I stare at him with furrowed brows. He gives me a sheepish look.

"What?" he says as his lips start to tug into a smile. I sit straight and aim my left fist into his muscled biceps. I put all my might into it and punch him. I regretted punching him.

"OW! FÙCK!" I groan as I place my Cheetos on a napkin by a small coffee table and sway my left-hand side to side.

"Haha, that's what you get," Matthew snickers, finally sitting down. I look up, sending him a glare.

"Shut up," I say as I scrunch my face into an annoyed one.

"Oh, Matthew!" a girl's voice sings out. Matthew's eyes grow like saucers.

"Ah, shít," he whispers, he turns around and jumps over the couch, hiding behind it. The little girl runs over and examines the living room. "Where's Matthew?" she asks.

"Who knows where he went," Daniel says, giving me a look.

"Yeah, he must've run off," I add-in, then Daniel and I giving each other a smirk. Daniel and I silently point over to the couch across from us. The girl grins widely and quietly tiptoes over there.

She steps up on the couch, making a creaking sound. I made an ugly face and smack my forehead. Daniel silently chuckles. I roll my eyes, ignoring him, and continue paying attention to the little girl jumping Matthew.

"BOO!" Matthew pops out, extending his arms. The little girl screams falling over, but not until Matthew's arms catch her.

"Alice!" he yells, pulling Alice close to him. I stop for a moment and stare at them in adoration.

"Who's she?" I ask Matthew. He looks up with a tint of pink on his cheeks.

"She's... She's my mate," Matthew shyly says, scratching his neck, while plopping himself on the couch.

I stare at him in shock. "No, fudging way. That's impossible."

Daniel steps forward. "You're kidding, right?" Matthew gives us a grin.

"Why would I? I knew she was mine the second I entered the packhouse," he dreamily says as he looks at Alice in awe.

"Wait, but you're... Freaking 20 years old and she's.." I pause, "how old is she?"