chapter 2

Cameron Dallas as James Black

*EDITED*

****

James

As I continue dragging this obnoxious woman with me to the alley, I keep thinking about what I felt with her earlier.

Was she my mate?

Mom and dad said, when you come upon your mate, both of you two are gonna feel like it's just the both of you in the world.

They also said that your inner wolf will rise and yell out something like, "MATE!"

But, when my eyes connected with the lady—I don't even know her name! Ugh, whatever, but when our eyes connected, I felt this really strong bond with her. I felt her aura. It's too strong to be just a regular wolf.

She has Alpha Blood in her, but it seems like she doesn't know. I was quite surprised. Also, when I look at her eyes, they look like mine and Dad's eyes. My dad has brown eyes like me and my mom has blue eyes.

"Could she be Avalon, our dead sister?" Adam, my inner wolf asks.

I let out a wicked laugh in my head.

"This filthy thing? My dead sister? Ha! Please. I'd rather have a frog than a sister who almost crashed into my Mercedes!!"

"Are you just mad that she crashed into your car!?" Adam yells back.

I'm angry, I mean my wolf's defending her. I control my breathing because I didn't want to go all wolfy on her.

We finally reach my destination. I push her into the alley. She lets out a grunt. Her back hit the wall. I approach her and put both my hands on either side of her head. She was now trapped.

I stare into her brown eyes.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Who do you think I am?" she says in a sly tone.

"Av-"

I was interrupted by my mom's mind linking me.

"JAMES! WHY IS YOUR CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!? I JUST GOT A CALL SAYING -" she keeps rambling on and on.

"MOM!" I interrupt.

"What?!"

"I'm sorry I left my car there. I just had to do something. Tell Ethan to drive my car into the parking."

Ethan is my Beta.

Mom groans.

"Okay then."

We end the mind link. Once I end the mind link, the girl was waving her hand in my face.

"Hello?" she says, making an O shape on her mouth. I blink my eyes multiple times.

"I'm sorry," I say, looking away.

"It's fine," she replies. She seems to be avoiding eye contact with me. I turn back to face her.

"Who are you?" I ask her impatiently.

"Wouldn't you wanna know..," she asks, sarcastic deep in her words.

"Are you..?" I continue, as I move my face to meet up with hers. Now that I examine her face more, she looks so very much like my sister, Avalon. When she was five. This girl looked much older, so features might change.