chapter 4

*EDITED*

Avalon

As he turns to me, his eyes were filled with so much sadness and heartbreak.

I wanted to fall to my knees, but instead, I jump into his arms. May I remind you that we are still remaining in Victoria's Secret shop.

I wrap my arms around his neck and held onto him tightly. Ethan wraps his arms around my slim waist. He holds on tightly as if it was a sign that he didn't want to lose me. A growl was let out, but we could care less. A lady walks over.

"Ma'am... You guys are causing... a commotion. Perhaps you can move this scene elsewhere?" she explains. My head came out of Ethan's neck and I turn to face the lady. I offer her a small smile and then nod.

Ethan gets the sign for us to go. Daniel reluctantly follows behind. Bastard.

My arms were back to wrapping Ethan's neck, as I bury my head in his neck.

"You can stop now? She's mine," Daniel's voice was laced with annoyance. I jump off of Ethan and give him a "please help me" look.

"What's going on?" Ethan asks, eyeing Daniel.

"Nothing. Just getting my mate back, after you accessibly stole her from me." Daniel smirks, a small growl slipping out of his mouth. Ethan growls back.

"She wasn't yours, to begin with," Daniel smugly says. My eyes widen as he had just said.

"Oh, so if we've met before, then I would've just been a toy for you? Héll no!" I exclaim.

"Calm down," Ethan calmly soothes. I immediately calm down. Daniel softly chuckle.

"Is that what you think? I'm just an object you can claim? No, I'm not. I am your mate but remember this. You tried to reject me," I state, pointing at his chest, referring to his heart.

"You rejected her?!" Ethan snarls.

"It's not what it looks like.." Daniel sheepishly says, turning his head away.

"Oh, save it for the whores you're trying to pick up," I scoff. I turn to face Ethan.

"Ethan, I'm so sorry this had to happen," I explain as my hand slowly caresses his cheek.

"Leave us for some privacy," Ethan commands. Daniel turns to face us quickly.

"YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" Daniel lunges towards Ethan but stops when I block Ethan.

"Move, Avalon." He didn't dare look at me.

"No," I challenge.

"Are you challenging me?" His eyes finally connect with me. He backs away, standing an arm's length away from me. I stand tall, looking straight at him.

"What do you think?" I raise my voice, maybe a little too prideful. Soon enough, I feel myself being lunge into a wall. Hands were wrapped tightly around my neck.

"Mate or not, you never challenge your Alpha King! Understand!?" he roars. I was choking. I couldn't even speak through the motion caused in my throat.

"D - Dan - iel.." I couldn't speak.

I feel my throat starting to close up.

"Daniel!" I manage through my closing throat. It comes out as a gasp.

My hands were trying to push off Daniel's rough hands that were tightly wrapped around my throat. I use my right hand to hit his shoulder. Another gasp came out. I saw four other men trying to push Daniel off.

But Daniel wouldn't dare, for he was granting my death wish.

Was he really gonna kill his mate? We all know what's going to happen if he does.

"Daniel, stop! She is your mate! Daniel, think about this... If you kill her, think of what will happen to the pack, your parents... Your reputation. Her reputation," a male voice explains, panic deep in his tone. The hand on my throat starts to loosen.

"Daniel, you don't want this. She's your mate."

She's your mate. The words echo in my mind.

Finally, thank the lord! Thank the Moon Goddess!

His hand finally release my throat. I gasp and start choking as I slide down the wall. Tears start to build up in my eyes. My mate tried to kill me. No, he tried to choke the life out of me.

Every. Last. Breath.

I sob harder as the thought of Daniel, my mate, taking the life of me.

My hands made its way up to my neck, which I'm pretty sure is bruised. I carefully rub it. I look up and see four unfamiliar men crowding over Daniel. I also see Ethan crowding over him.

"Avalon! Avalon, I'm so sorry! T-that was my wolf! I couldn't control him! Avalon, please!!" His voice was so sincere. Daniel keeps pleading and pleading.

I slowly get up from the ground and start my way to the mall exit. I shut my eyes close, the tears falling roughly onto my cheeks. I could hear Raine whimpering at the back of my mind. She was hurt. Hurt that our mate would hurt us physically.

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOU AVALON! PLEASE!" Daniel shouts.

I ignore his pleads and quickly walk to the entrance door. I didn't want to run. That will only make my breathing harder, as you already know why.

My hands finally reach the coldness of the door. I take another long breath, if I can, and open the door.

"AVALON!"