The Ones Who Walk Away

A drunk Jimin keeps tottering in the alleys of Shinjuku, at 3 a.m. A while ago he received a call from a stranger claiming that he has a daughter with Dahyun.

"DAUGHTER" , Jimin laughs loudly in the middle of the street. Then he stumbles upon something and falls; he does not feel like getting up so he lays down on the sidewalk.

"Uhhh..sky is so clear today, so many stars !! " he yells happily then goes silent, a tear from his left eye makes it's way to the cemented bottom, through his cheek.

He is thinking of calling that stranger tomorrow. No no... of course he doesn't believe the daughter shit !! But after so many years , someone has informed him about Dahyun, he now wants to know more. Jimin feels pathetic about his own thoughts,

Yaaahh Park Jimin, you lack self esteem, don't you?? You so confidently told Dahyun , you would never go back to her, you were too proud to contact her ever,since five years!! And now your five years of defense crumbles down with just one call??

Jimin laughs loudly, " and guess what ?? It wasn't not even she who called me".

He looks up again to the sky, recalling the last time he met Dahyun, the memory is still so vivid, still so painful !!

FLASHBACK

"Oppa.. try to understand,  long distance does not work" , Dahyun said it, not missing how his cheeks tightened and flushed red color of anger.

She and Jimin were sitting in the cafe Omelas , which was near to his dance academy.

"Why break up has to be the only option?" Jimin's voice cracked.

Dahyun sighed, " Because it's too distracting, too hectic to carry on. Think about it oppa , you are going to the states for two years !! "

" These days technology has advanced, we can do video calling everyday, text, call and.... and you are making it sound like that , I wouldn't come to Seoul in between these two years !! And you too can go there right? " , Jimin tried to make his point.

"Do you seriously think that? Here , in Seoul only we can't meet, text  or hang out often because we both have to work our ass off", Dahyun took a pause, "plus.. we don't earn so much, that we can afford a US tour in a year, just like that "

"Do you want me not to go there?" Jimin asked hanging his head down, fighting his tears, "say it once, and I promise I won't  go"

Dahyun shook her head sidewise, " I know it's your dream to get trained under Darrel Martin, you have been applying for the internship since three years , and this year it has been accepted. I can't simply tell you to miss this golden oppourtunity"

Jimin ran his hand through his silky smooth hair, still unable to process the whole situation. He always knew that Dahyun is a logical and pratical woman, he is one of those emotional type of guy, who does not follow their brain but heart.

Dahyun grabbed his two hands and looked at him, " Listen oppa, I know you think break up is not necessary, not fair. But you know what will happen?
first few months we will miss each other like hell, we will chat, facetime whenever we get a chance. Then after few months we will get busy in our own shedule. But we will feel guilty about the lack of time we spend for each other. It may then lead to fights and eventually may make us despise each other."

Dahyun stopped and looked for Jimin's response but he was totally  fighting his tears by then.

Dahyun teared up too, " Oppa... I don't want it to end up into hatred or I don't want us to be worn out by trying too much"

Jimin can't argue , honestly he too was not absolutely confident about long distance relationship. But he hated the idea of giving up without even trying.

"Dahyunah.." tears finally escaped his eyes, " if you don't want to be with me, say it. Don't make it sound like it's good for us"

Jimin stood up and grabbed his jacket from the backrest of the chair, " and about getting tired of each other later... well I think you are already tired of me. And about the hypothetical hatred, I have already started hating you. It's not about distance. See you, hope we don't cross our paths in future"

With those last words Jimin stormed out of Omelas, leaving a sobbing Dahyun behind him. And he never looked back....

---------
I don't know how on earth this story ranked #8-jeongmin with only 1st chapter !!! But I am so grateful , love to all of the readers 💜💜💜